General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swim / Group runs in Oakland County... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-01-12 9:06 AM

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member
Subject: Masters Swim / Group runs in Oakland County...
It's amazing that you can go to google, type in 'triathlon trianing Michigan', and you get very few hits on Michigan tri training of any type. I'm looking specifically for outdoor run (in group) and masters' swim opportunities in Oakland County. Any leads?

2006-01-20 3:14 PM
in reply to: #322297

Veteran
Michigan
Subject: RE: Masters Swim / Group runs in Oakland County...

Have you tried any of the running shops?  I get e-mails from Running Fit about training runs and I think they have a link to different running groups in the area.  I am still too chicken to run with a group so I'm not much help there. 

As far as Master Swim, I have a friend that swims with the Farmington Hydrofoils.  They have a practice every Sunday and then the coach gives them one additional workout to do on their own during the week.  I also know a guy who swims with F.A.S.T. but I don't know much about it.  I swim with a Masters group in the summer only -outdoor pool gets a bit cold in the winter.   I was trying to find a Masters group around here but ended up deciding to just stick with my 5:30am swims on my own since that was the most convenient time for me.

Good Luck - and let me know what you find!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Masters Swim / Group runs in Oakland County... Rss Feed