General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disney 70.3 Training Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-03 12:39 PM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: Disney 70.3 Training Thread

Ok, I officially started the Oly to half IM Bridge training plan this week. The jump in volume was a bit of a shock and left me really tired so I bagged a 70 minute Z1-Z2 run last night at the last minute. I'd rather ease into the volume than get injured, sick or burnt out.

I also made the mistake of not eating enough for the increased training volume. I actually bonked while playing with my kids yesterday evening. 

Today is an off day, no training. The weekend has 2 sessions on both days, but nothing particularly long.

2006-03-06 8:35 AM
in reply to: #360135

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jacksonville, FL
Subject: RE: Disney 70.3 Training Thread

Sounds good...you're off to a good start!

My plan is to somewhat follow the Beginner 1/2 IM plan used last year for the FL Challenge. My goals are to keep up my running distance and add more to the long bike each week over the next 10 weeks. Just building the weekly schedule around 1 long swim, bike & run & building with distance. Along with the long workouts gradually adding shorter, higher intensity workouts such as a weekly transition session. Every 4th week will be a recovery week.

I'll check in on your logs occasionally...good luck training!

BTW - Don't forget the importance of rest...

2006-03-08 12:00 PM
in reply to: #360135

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Disney 70.3 Training Thread
I've got a 10 week training plan from Karen Smyers so I don't actually start training for the race until next week. The last day of season prep rather than race prep will be the Boston Run to Remember Half mary this Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the change in plan because my running miles will go down significantly and my bike miles start to climb. My programs were designed with the NE winter in mind so it's actually worked out pretty well because most of my bike time has been on the trainer.

Do what your body is telling you that you need to in terms of rest!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disney 70.3 Training Thread Rss Feed