General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildman Triathlon Festival - Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-12 10:00 PM

User image

Brevard
Subject: Wildman Triathlon Festival - Sprint Triathlon
I swam in Lake Mary Jane today, the site for the WildMan triathlon, and I will highly advise the use of a wet suit because the water tempeture is about 62 degrees.

2006-03-12 10:02 PM
in reply to: #367906

User image

Clearwater, Florida. The Hurricane State
Subject: RE: Wildman Triathlon Festival - Sprint Triathlon

Well, I swam in the Gulf today and it was 69 degrees.  But, Great information, 'cause i will be there on friday night,  Racing on Sunday with my wetsuit.  We'll be in the campground.

See you there.

2006-03-13 11:55 AM
in reply to: #367906

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
Thanks for the heads up! What is the rest of the course like?
2006-03-13 2:43 PM
in reply to: #368370

User image

Brevard
I didn't do the run portion so I'm guessing it's about the same as last year considering that Moss Park is operated by the Seminole County Parks & Rec. department and is kept up pretty well. If you weren't there last year (or ever), the run course is completely shaded. The surface is a hard-pack dirt & gravel mix and it winds back into the camping area of the park. I'd say it's about 99% covered by trees with a few areas in direct sun.

The bike route I took was the same route the Moss Park Triathlon races took last year. It's a 9.3 mile loop that exits the park, turns right on Lake Mary Jane Road and goes back into the neighborhood on the north side of lake mary jane. There are two roads (Nell Drive & Marine Dr.) that were part of the course last year that were really rough to ride on. It's old asphault that's breaking up really bad and is pretty rough. I just checked the web site (www.buttar.com) as I was composing this post and they have a course map on line. It appears that the two streets I mentioned above have been removed from the course which is great!!

It should be a fun weekend!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildman Triathlon Festival - Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed