General Discussion Triathlon Talk » GJ,CO Saturday??? Anyone?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-10 4:03 PM

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Subject: GJ,CO Saturday??? Anyone??

Hello All!! Hope this post finds you in Gr8 spirits. Are any of you heading this way Saturday for the Rim Rock Marathon?? I sure hope so because you will be in for a treat. Cooler temps and mind boggling views like no other. I have been volunteering for this event for sometime now and its a wonderful event. Please say hello as I will be handing out timing chips early Saturday. Safe Travels and feel free to check in w/me if you have any questions about the area in general. Thanx for your time and stay strong

The Padre

2011-12-21 6:03 PM
in reply to: #3897770

User image

New user
Subject: RE: GJ,CO Saturday??? Anyone??

Hi Padre,

Question for you since you seem dialed into the western slope scene. I know this isn't really related to your original post... but do you know what happened to the Oly tri that was supposed to happen in Fruita in Sept? I was looking to maybe do that in 2012.

I've been mountain biking in Fruita 2x a year for about 9 years now. Love it out there! Maybe you'll get an Xterra Fruita one of these days. Could do it at Highline... Now THAT would be awesome!

Happy Holidays!

2011-12-21 7:50 PM
in reply to: #3948831

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado

I am so glad that you asked. I just talked w/Chris Reed from Ascent Production and he told me that him and his wife just had a baby and move to Atlanta. He came out for the Rim Rock ( Nov Marathon) and now the company is "up in the air". He also told me that the only had about 80 people signed. You and I know that they did little to advertise and him and I didnt have that conversation. 

Believe me, I would love to host a 1/2 Ironman out here. As you know, Fruita rocks w/endless road riding, Gr8 swim location at Highline State Park, and wonderful farm land to run through. 

Thanx again for asking

The Padre

2011-12-22 8:34 AM
in reply to: #3948831

New user
Stay tuned - there should be an announcement coming in mid January about a new fall triathlon coming to Grand Junction!
2011-12-22 10:22 AM

User image

New user

Thanks for the info! I certainly never saw it advertised, as you mentioned. The only reason I even found it was I went looking for Olys that weren't in the Boulder area. I wanted a smaller race and found the Fruita one and the one in Salida. Not that Salida would be horrible ... but Fruita is, you know, Fruita!

I'll watch for the Grand Junction announcement!

2012-01-10 8:03 PM
in reply to: #3949719

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Huge Up Date Coming!!!!

2012-01-11 1:28 PM
in reply to: #3982902

New user
Padre's got the inside scoop! It pays to volunteer with us - thanks Padre! Racing Underground has just announced the Desert's Edge Triathlon today. This will be a late season sprint and Olympic tri the first weekend in October, when it's still like summer in Fruita.

We've also announced the inaugural Ultimate Direction Evergreen Sprint Tri on July 15th.

Details for both races are available on the Racing Underground website.

-Darrin
2012-01-11 1:31 PM
in reply to: #3984338

User image

Pro
Parker, CO

darrin - 2012-01-11 12:28 PM Padre's got the inside scoop! It pays to volunteer with us - thanks Padre! Racing Underground has just announced the Desert's Edge Triathlon today. This will be a late season sprint and Olympic tri the first weekend in October, when it's still like summer in Fruita. We've also announced the inaugural Ultimate Direction Evergreen Sprint Tri on July 15th. Details for both races are available on the Racing Underground website. -Darrin

A came across a link for the GJ tri this morning on FB.  Fruita/Highline Lake is a great destination for a triathlon.  I was out there last summer for Highline Hustle.  Hopefully I can get out there for the Desert's Edge. 

2012-01-12 1:38 PM

User image

New user

darrin and Padre,

That is great news and a great time of year to be in Fruita!! Now I just have to figure out how to get the mountain bikes and the road bikes on / in the car ...

2012-01-12 7:03 PM
in reply to: #3986721

User image

Regular
Grand Junction, Colorado
Yes, this is Gr8 NEWS!!!! Thanx again Darrin. RajaZoie, if you guys disassemble your bikes, I have all the tools you will need. My workshop is your workshop. Big Hugs
2012-01-19 2:13 PM
in reply to: #3987370

User image

New user
You rock Padre!! I say "car" but really I mean small SUV. I know we'll be able to fit them all with the minimum of dismantling (wheels off will probably do it). We might also come out just for the tri then return later in the month to mtn bike. Still discussing. Definitely signing up for the tri though!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » GJ,CO Saturday??? Anyone?? Rss Feed