General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs - far western suburbs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-09 2:50 PM

User image

Aurora , Illinois
Subject: Tri Clubs - far western suburbs

hi everyone,

Looking to join a tri club in the western suburbs.  The ones that I'm seeing are Endure It!, Multisport Madness, and Experience Triathlon.  Anyone have any recomendations an any of these?  Any of you members?  How do I go about joing?  any comments would be greatly appreciated

2012-02-10 9:21 PM
in reply to: #4038644

Subject: RE: Tri Clubs - far western suburbs
Google tri smart, They are a great group of people, I have been a member for two years. They do alot of stuff out of the western and southwestern burbs.
2012-04-09 8:26 AM

Veteran

Tri Zombies are out in the Oswego area

If your way west http://www.ivswimbikerun.com/ is in the sandwich area.  It's a rather new club do they are a liittle smaller (I think they said about 50) but they have partnerships with area run and bike clubs.  Great group of people and the holidayman was a great race.  I'm trying to rearrange my schedule just to get this one in.  I really enjoy races out in the country roads with positive people.

2012-04-14 1:36 PM

User image

Expert
Leicester
if you are looking for a group ride, the Lifetime fitness cycle club go out of commissioners park in Plainfield on sundays at 7:30am, 3 length/levels of ride, free to ride with, just sign a waiver.

The Endurit rides are quite fast and organised and sometimes even have a sag van with them, but you have to pull in the chain and if you are not a paid up club member they are not too receptive of people tagging along... ask me how I know

There is also some regular swim sessions at the LTF Romeoville, not official and not a club, but helpfull folks. They are early weekday mornings.
2012-04-15 7:36 PM

User image

New user

I've been with Experience Triathlon for about 6 months now and am really happy.  I first started taking swim lessons and now I'm in there masters swim and they do my coaching.  Everyone I've met so far have been extremely nice and helpful.  Joe LoPresto is the one in charge and he's the one that taught me to swim and does my coaching now.  They do small indoor tris, group rides and runs.  Check out their website for a lot more.
2012-04-26 2:47 PM

User image

Master
toddaduran - 2012-02-09 2:50 PM

hi everyone,

Looking to join a tri club in the western suburbs.  The ones that I'm seeing are Endure It!, Multisport Madness, and Experience Triathlon.  Anyone have any recomendations an any of these?  Any of you members?  How do I go about joing?  any comments would be greatly appreciated

Elmhurst had a tri club not sure if they still do.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Clubs - far western suburbs Rss Feed