General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Quintana Roo 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Small Frame set - $700 shipped Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
View 3 Gear Reviews of this product
2012-02-12 6:59 PM

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Subject: Quintana Roo 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Small Frame set - $700 shipped
2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Frame set.  Frame includes carbon forks, headset, and carbon aero seatpost (no cranks). (note this model frame set is selling online now for $1500 without cranks) - This bike is in perfect condition. Frame size is SMALL. Great for someone who is 5'3" - 5'6" and wants a light aggressive aero bike with 700 cc wheels. Note: purchased this bike new. 
Other info:  7 cm of space on the Steering tube, not short but not tonnes of extra.  

We also have a Hed vantage 8 carbon areo wing as well with durace shifters and vision brakes with stem that were mounted with this bike.   We haven't thought about pricing on the components yet.

QRoo LuceroQRoo LuceroQRoo Lucero
Quote from www.bikesportmichigan.com:

"When the Lucero was unveiled it was one of the most advanced triathlon bikes from any manufacturer. The new 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero continues that legacy with improved component spec and a hand made, carbon fiber aerodynamic frameset using the most advance ultra-high modulus carbon fiber for stiffness, durability and ride comfort.

The Lucero is the flagship of the Quintana Roo carbon fiber, aerodynamic fleet. The 2008 Lucero features fully internal cable routing for superior aerodynamics and mechanical dependability. The rear facing dropouts use dependable adjusting screws and the seatpost binder bolt is a dual-redundant design for additional security. This bike is fast and dependable.

Several features differentiate the Lucero from other "cookie cutter" carbon tri bikes: The unique airfoil shaped nose cone is a proven aero advantage. The seat tube extension provides low center of gravity and stack with plenty of stand-over for easy climbing even on steep, out-of-the-saddle efforts. Quintana Roo is the only company using their unique, proprietary airfoil shaped, carbon fiber wishbone seat stays that enhance aerodynamics while improving ride comfort. Add to these frame features the dependability of traditional brake mounting and convenience features like two water bottle mounts (on most frame sizes) and you have a well conceived, functional design from the company that invented the triathlon bike."

2012-02-20 3:52 PM
in reply to: #4043515

User image

Regular
Orlando Area
Subject: RE: Quintana Roo 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Small Frame set - $700 shipped
I'm (all of a sudden) in the market for a frameset only for my fiance.  I'm looking for an all carbon set up.  Your post is a bit unclear to me - is this a carbon frame?  Also, you indicated 5'3" as the smallest rider this would work with.  My finance comes in a 5'2" - thoughts?  Thanks.  
2012-02-27 10:00 PM
in reply to: #4057090

User image

Master
Apex, north carolina
Subject: RE: Quintana Roo 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Small Frame set - $700 shipped

sawpgh - 2012-02-20 4:52 PM I'm (all of a sudden) in the market for a frameset only for my fiance.  I'm looking for an all carbon set up.  Your post is a bit unclear to me - is this a carbon frame?  Also, you indicated 5'3" as the smallest rider this would work with.  My finance comes in a 5'2" - thoughts?  Thanks.  

Sorry for the late response.  Yes it is an all carbon frame.  Sent you a P.M. if you are still interested.

2012-03-18 10:22 PM

Norfolk

What would the price be for JUST the frame? I just had my HED Aerolab V04 derailleur hanger give out on me, can't find a replacement. Even the HED company didn't have much to say on where to find one.

Thanks.

Woody

2012-03-18 10:23 PM

Norfolk
Just re-read (carefully this time) and saw the "(no cranks)" in there. Apologies. I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Quintana Roo 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero - Small Frame set - $700 shipped Rss Feed