General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water in ears from doing flip turns Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2015-10-23 3:51 PM
in reply to: stilgarnaib

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Water in ears from doing flip turns

Originally posted by stilgarnaib I use ear drops after every swim.  Any pharmacy should carry them.  I think the brand I have at the moment is Auro-Dry.  

Yup, me too.  I think the brand I use is called Swim-Ear.

2015-10-23 6:31 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by AdventureBear
Originally posted by Caroleena Would putting my swim cap over my ears help? Any other tricks??
Life's a lot easier if you just let water get in your ears.

I could be missing the tone here, but not when you can go near complete deaf for a couple days.

2015-10-24 4:58 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by Caroleena Would putting my swim cap over my ears help? Any other tricks??

I could be missing the tone here, but not when you can go near complete deaf for a couple days.

You have that happen? I've never heard of that.
2015-10-24 8:03 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TriMyBest

You have that happen? I've never heard of that.

I have no idea why it doesn't happen with a shower too, but yeah. Sometimes water comes out right away, sometimes it will stay for a long time. Can go beyond a little difficult to understand someone to completely missing that anything was said at all. Didn't take long to look into ear plugs.

2015-10-24 11:11 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven

have you had your ear canals looked at recently? Do you use qtips? Sometimes water gets trapped behind wax and is difficult for it to evacuate even with ear drops. Qtips usually just push wax deeper in the ear and most folks shouldn't use them.

Diluted peroxied or alcohol drops after swimming can break up the water surface tension and let it drain out easily.

If you really have that much trouble with hearing for several days after swimming, see your PCP for an ear canal examination if you havn't done so recently.
2015-10-24 3:03 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

Master
Northern IL

have you had your ear canals looked at recently? Do you use qtips? Sometimes water gets trapped behind wax and is difficult for it to evacuate even with ear drops. Qtips usually just push wax deeper in the ear and most folks shouldn't use them. Diluted peroxied or alcohol drops after swimming can break up the water surface tension and let it drain out easily. If you really have that much trouble with hearing for several days after swimming, see your PCP for an ear canal examination if you havn't done so recently.

Thanks for the info!

2015-10-24 3:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

have you had your ear canals looked at recently? Do you use qtips? Sometimes water gets trapped behind wax and is difficult for it to evacuate even with ear drops. Qtips usually just push wax deeper in the ear and most folks shouldn't use them. Diluted peroxied or alcohol drops after swimming can break up the water surface tension and let it drain out easily. If you really have that much trouble with hearing for several days after swimming, see your PCP for an ear canal examination if you havn't done so recently.

Thanks for the info!

Hey, Ben, it sounds like the doc thinks you may have $h!t in your ears.  

edited to play nice with the profanity auto-nanny.

Edited by TriMyBest 2015-10-24 3:17 PM
2015-10-24 8:31 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Thanks for the info!

Hey, Ben, it sounds like the doc thinks you may have $h!t in your ears.  

edited to play nice with the profanity auto-nanny.

If there is a way to have a problem, I will figure it out. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Water in ears from doing flip turns Rss Feed  

of 2