General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skechers Go Bionic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-27 2:51 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: Skechers Go Bionic

I've been wear testing for Skechers for a few months now*, and got the green light to spill the beans about this shoe coming to market in July. A bit different than the Go Run, the Go Bionic is lighter, more flexible, roomier, and more sockless-friendly. Also, it's toned down the "rocker" that was evident in the Go Run, and is... ZERO DROP! Love it.

Full review on my blog, but I wanted to give a heads-up for those that liked the Go Run.

And as I said on my blog post, if you're saying "no way" to Skechers because of Shape-Ups, then all I can say is it's a good thing you're not as harshly judged on your own past. Give the Go Bionic a look and judge this shoe on its own merits.

* I am not paid in any way by Skechers, the shoes that I tested were pre-production samples provided to me for free, and I don't owe them anything, nor do they owe me anything. I was happy to participate in the design process, and look forward to being able to do more with this company.

2012-03-28 7:10 AM
in reply to: #4115842

User image

Master
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Skechers Go Bionic

I'm strictly going by the photos in your blog, but these look very similar to Nike Free Run. can you compare them?

I really love the Nike free, but they are too pointy in the forefoot. This is my gripe with all Nikes.

Anyway I'll look for the skechers. Any idea when they will be available?

thanks for your reviews.

2012-03-28 7:33 AM
in reply to: #4116609

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Skechers Go Bionic

Availability is set for July. Yes, the photo of the upper makes it look a bit like the toe is pointy... it's not. The photo of the sole gives a better idea of the actual toe box shape. It's rounded and roomy.

I don't have a direct comparison to the Nike Free Run, as I've never run in it. Or had it on my feet. Nikes have been too narrow in the forefoot for me for some time now. Pete Larson on Rublogger may be able to give you more info on a direct comparison, though.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skechers Go Bionic Rss Feed