General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Detox Program for Weight Loss - Feedback? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-13 2:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Covington (New Orleans), La
Subject: Detox Program for Weight Loss - Feedback?
My hubby and I just got back from a cruise during which time we had our body composition analysis done - weight, % body fat, % muscle mass, etc. We both have some water retention issues and the fitness instructor recommended a nutritional detox program (the brand was Elemis which I think is popular in the UK). However the cost for 6 months for both of us was $1,100. Yikes!

The instructor said that water retention and cellulite is a result of toxins in the body building up and attaching to fat cells which can then not be easily broken down - causing all sorts of physical problems (water retention being one). I have never heard this before and wanted to see if anyone else out there has some data to back this up - or can possilby verify it from another source???

Also, has anyone utilized one of these detox programs in the past and if so what were the results? Overall the ingredients in the supplements seem fine (seeds, algae extracts, etc.) --- I'm just wondering if it is truly beneficial for weight loss and overall physical well being.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2004-06-14 8:29 AM
in reply to: #31047

User image

Elite Veteran
Smyrna, Georgia
Subject: Don't do it!
That program sounds like a major ripoff and it's not even necessarily grounded in science.

Take your money and go see a dietician. It will cost you A LOT less and you'll end up getting advice that should serve you the rest of your lives.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Detox Program for Weight Loss - Feedback? Rss Feed