Raven Rock Ramble
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 5h 28m 2s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I had peanut butter on a wasa cracker and a banana along with 32 ounces of water at home and then a small cup of coffee and a bagel at the race site.
Event warmup:

Pump tires, fill water bottles, eat bagels.
Bike
  • 5h 28m 2s
  • 104 miles
  • 19.02 mile/hr
Comments:

This is the fourth time that I've done the century route on this ride and the fasted that I've ever completed the route.

On Friday, I found out that a few of the people that I hoped to ride with on Sunday have changed from the 100 mile route to the 100k route.

The cooler temperatures lead to a pretty fast pace. We got into some headwind in the last 90 minutes but nothing too horrible.

While one the one hand this was a fast pace -- for me at least -- and we only stopped twice. Well, three times if you count the accident that happened near the back of the group that I was with (no one that we knew, someone who joined our group it a divot in the road and the person behind him crashed and needed to be sagged in). On the other hand, I did not feel as strong on the ride as I would have liked.
What would you do differently?:

I did not feel dehydrated but there is no way that I should have had only 3-4 water bottles in a five and a half hour ride. I think that some of the issue was the temperatures being cool and the very overcast conditions.
Post race
Warm down:

I rode lots and then ate lots of pizza!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Early season and still transitioning from more run-centric training over the winter

Event comments:

Excellent event! Very well organized with lots of awesome volunteers and snackage.

Last updated: 2012-05-04 12:00 AM
Biking
05:28:02 | 104 miles | 19.02 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Rolling hills throughout the course. The event organizer gives the route 2917. (Garmin 310XT gives it 3428 climbing feet.)
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right