Tiger Coaching
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 24m 5s
Overall Rank = 58/70
Age Group = 25-29 F
Age Group Rank = 3/4
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at like 4:30 to take my oldest to his detasseling job, he has to be there at 5 a.m. Yuck. Race started at 7:30, so no sense going back to sleep right? Came back home, at a Cliff bar. Showed up about 6:30 to the race. I was one of the first people there. Got set up and checked in, then just kind of hung around and looked at the trees and whatnot. It was pretty peaceful. Was hoping to see my friend Lana, but she didn't shot up until 5 minutes before the race started. I checked her bike for her because she wasn't sure if she had her wheel on right (she just bought the bike on Friday) and she was good to go, if not a little frazzled. :)
Event warmup:

At 7 I went for a spin on the bike to make sure everything was working OK (bad experience at last tri with my chain off when I got on the bike), then went for a quick warm up run.
Run
  • 17m 8s
  • 2 miles
  • 08m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

Not a bad run at all. Picked off some people towards the end which was nice. Pace was right where I wanted it to be.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 00m 36s
Comments:

Took off hat, plopped on helmet and sunglasses, and was off. It's transition, not much to say here!

Nothing
Bike
  • 47m 3s
  • 12 miles
  • 15.30 mile/hr
Comments:

I rocked this course. I have to say I have ridden my bike maybe 6 times so far this year, so I was a little worried about this part. But I averaged 15 mph, and my quads were screaming on the last lap with all the hills, but I got 'er done! Definitely should have ridden more but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I actually passed some people on the course somehow. I also got passed. Lapped, even. Yikes! Maybe next year my goal will be to not get lapped.

A few weeks ago I bought this light to put on my bike so I can ride in the dark. Well. I didn't think about taking it off, and on the 3rd lap I heard a big crash and realized my light had fallen off. Bummer! I didn't stop because I was afraid if I got off I just wouldn't be able to get back on.

Train!
Transition 2
  • 00m 35s
Comments:

Struggled getting my hat back on, but I NEED my hat. My hair flops around awfully if I don't have it. A spectator was haggling me to "Just GO!" and I took his advice and figured the hat out on the way. My hair was a big mess but that happens.

Maybe try something else with my hair, french braid or something? It is getting pretty long, normally I have it really short but I am growing it out. It's a learning curve I guess.
Run
  • 18m 45s
  • 2 miles
  • 09m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

Hot, hot hot by this time. I was sweating out of every pore, just totally drenched. Legs were toast, and also I had shut off my garmin instead of pushing the lap button so I had no idea how fast I was going. I didn't pass anyone and no one passed me on the run so I was OK with that. Walked a couple of the super steep hills, which cost me some time I'm sure but I am still OK with my pace.

Nothing really, if I would have been better trained on the bike the second run wouldn't have sucked so much but it's too late for that!
Post race

Last updated: 2012-04-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:17:08 | 02 miles | 08m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/4
Overall: 58/70
Performance: Good
Course: Mostly on asphalt road and then on some asphalt trail. The trail is pretty rough, downhill for about 1/2 mile then you turn around and go right back up.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:36
Overall: Good
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:47:03 | 12 miles | 15.30 mile/hr
Overall: 55/70
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: Pretty hilly asphalt
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:35
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:18:45 | 02 miles | 09m 23s  min/mile
Overall: 52/70
Performance: Average
Course: Same route as first lap
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-07-01 3:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: TNT Duathlon

2012-07-01 6:50 PM
in reply to: #4289280

User image

Pro
Husker Nation
Subject: RE: TNT Duathlon
Good job getting on the podium, honey! Sorry we weren't there to see it.
2012-07-02 10:57 PM
in reply to: #4289280

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: TNT Duathlon
Good job  Brynn!!!  And you told Deener you were slow on the bike.  Looks like a good pace to me.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » TNT Duathlon Rss Feed