General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMLP swim start tips or any 2500+ mass swim start tips...if any Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-06 9:55 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: IMLP swim start tips or any 2500+ mass swim start tips...if any
Originally posted by switch

Originally posted by simpsonbo Hey Pink Font was not an option...

bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhaaa!!!!!!

2013-09-06 10:08 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Originally posted by Jason N
Originally posted by Experior
Originally posted by lisac957

My advice is to just keep moving.
You will get hit, and you will accidentally hit others. Don't take it personally, and DON'T STOP. Even if you have to adjust a goggle or what not, float horizontally and keep kicking to maintain your lane (so to speak).

At IM Wisconsin 2010 at the VERY beginning, two guys got into a yelling/cussing match because one thought the other purposefully hit him. Really? You want to duke it out in the midst of 3000 of your closest friends? Just keep swimming...  

Haven't done IMLP, but especially at Wisconsin I learned my lesson on the first turn bouey to take it wide. Right up on the bouey was a hot mess that was almost worse than the start.

This is all really good advice for OP.

You must be new here Michael

The OP already finished his IM.  This thread started last year and somehow got bumped.

New, or unobservant, or something.  I think I remember that one of my very first posts here was the result of a search in which I found a 3-year old post but, not realizing its age, responded.  As I recall, ChrisM kindly pointed out that I was giving encouragement to somebody who had met and surpassed his goal years ago....  (Actually, it was Chris' friendliness about my stupidity -- which is apparently unhealed -- that motivated me to stick around.)

2013-09-07 7:13 AM
in reply to: Experior

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX
Ironman mass starts will be gone by 2014 so it doesn't matter anyway.
2013-09-07 10:44 AM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

User image

Veteran
Great White North
I can see any other way to operate the current Whistler swim course without enabling cheating.
2013-09-07 12:41 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Jason N
Originally posted by Experior
Originally posted by lisac957

My advice is to just keep moving.
You will get hit, and you will accidentally hit others. Don't take it personally, and DON'T STOP. Even if you have to adjust a goggle or what not, float horizontally and keep kicking to maintain your lane (so to speak).

At IM Wisconsin 2010 at the VERY beginning, two guys got into a yelling/cussing match because one thought the other purposefully hit him. Really? You want to duke it out in the midst of 3000 of your closest friends? Just keep swimming...  

Haven't done IMLP, but especially at Wisconsin I learned my lesson on the first turn bouey to take it wide. Right up on the bouey was a hot mess that was almost worse than the start.

This is all really good advice for OP.

You must be new here Michael

The OP already finished his IM.  This thread started last year and somehow got bumped.

X2. I am the original poster and yes I am pleased to report.I finished and subsequent to my original post we all learned that the swim start changed at LP. All we need now is to have the pooping on the bike thread reopened.LOL
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMLP swim start tips or any 2500+ mass swim start tips...if any Rss Feed  

of 2