General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain that stops me in my tracks / one knee or the other Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-16 8:11 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: knee pain that stops me in my tracks / one knee or the other
I am very frustrated. Back in January my left knee really started bothering me, so I took some time off  and went back to running a few weeks later. It kept bothering me so I went to all sorts of docs for PT. One lady did Graston and said it was my IT band. After that I felt a night and day difference. I switched to a PT that was closer to me and they diagnosed me for SI Joint issue and continued the graston. I also continued with their exercises and it started to get better, but then the other side started having issues! I finally got out of therapy and things got better. I did an Ironman in July and no knee issues. Lately I've noticed if I run after sitting all day during the first mile or 2 I get this shooting pain in my left knee that stops me when running. I start to walk and can get back into an easy jog. Sometimes this occurs on my other knee as well. UGHhhhh, I'm so frustrated! I also think it occurs more when I run down on slight inclines. I have no problems running up hill. The strange thing is, is I can run with no pain if I get out of bed in the morning, but after work(sitting all day) if I run I get the issue. Do you think this is SI related, IT related??? I just got back to a strengthening program for glutes, core, hips and hams. Hoping this will help. Anyone ever have this issue? It's never an achy knee. It's pain that stops me in my tracks and it can be on the inside or outside of either knee.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee pain that stops me in my tracks / one knee or the other Rss Feed