General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri-suit or no tri-suit? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-19 12:22 AM

User image

Subject: tri-suit or no tri-suit?
Hey, im new at this, getting ready to start competing and training once i get back to the states. I have been looking around at all the gear and other stuff and i was wondering, is it better to start off(training and competing) with a trisuit or without? It looks like it would be easier for beginners to have just the one suit to do all three events in, so im not really sure. Let me know what ya can.

SPC Jon Parker
Tikrit Iraq

2006-06-19 1:02 AM
in reply to: #458283

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: tri-suit or no tri-suit?
I'd go with the tri suit, or something tri specific. Being a newbie also, not having to worry about what to wear next makes it a whole lot easier.
2006-06-19 7:24 AM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Tri clothes definately a +++.....other than a bike, goggles and a pair of running shoes...tri clothes are at the top of the list. Trisuits are great for races - not as many people wear them to train in. If you are looking for something that you can train in and race in you may go with tri shorts and a tri top. Both will give you the padding for the bike (thinner padding than bike shorts - so you can still run in them) and the quick drying material.

Have a safe return home!

2006-06-19 7:39 AM

User image

Elite
I just completed my first tri last week (shamefull plug, yeah me) and I thought having the tri suit was one of the best things I had. Hitting the transition areas is stressfull enough without having to worry about changing any extra clothes. 2nd best thing I think I had too make things easier was a race belt to put my number on. No pinning the number to an extra jersey to wear.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri-suit or no tri-suit? Rss Feed