General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Full Vineman Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2013-07-26 9:24 PM
in reply to: TTom

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Subject: RE: Full Vineman Triathlon : Official Thread
Good luck everyone!! Im so NERVOUS,!

2013-07-26 9:51 PM
in reply to: akrenik

User image

Expert
Salem
Originally posted by akrenik

Good luck everyone!! Im so NERVOUS,!

I am trying to occupy my mind doing this kind of stuff and it is slowly calming me down. Have a great race everyone.
2013-07-28 6:55 AM
in reply to: TriGuyBri

User image

Good job everyone! Hopefully you all made your goal times! Sorry I couldn't be there to watch you guys finish like I wanted to. Took over an hour for the shuttle bus driver to get off break and then over another hour to get to my car and back. By then, it was freezing! Not used to 50s yet at all. Anyway though, I did way better than I thought I would. Knocked off 1.5 hours of my goal. No plans to do another IM.... at least bit for a while. Glad to see those miserably training weeks paid off!

Oh yeah, happy birthday Brian!
2013-07-28 10:26 AM
in reply to: Blastman

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Good morning everyone! Hope you had an awesome day yesterday! Those last 6 or 7 miles were rough! What a great race!
2013-07-28 10:45 PM

User image

Expert
Salem
Report in everyone. This morning I felt pretty good, but after a day of riding in a car my legs began tightening up. Was a pleasure meeting you all. Such a great journey that I will probably never do again. Let us know when you complete your race report so we can read about your race.

Happy recovery!

Lisa Conklin I understand your family met my cheerleaders who came down to the race from Oregon.
2013-07-29 1:38 PM

User image

Expert
Littleton, Colorado

What a great race!  Well run, with AMAZING volunteers!  Set PRs on both the swim and bike, and despite the predictably challenging run, I set an ironman PR, too. It was awesome seeing the "familiar" faces of Lisa and Linda on the run course. 

I don't recommend trying to climb Chalk Hill in your big ring (!), and between that at running a marathon without having actually run for about 2 months prior, yesterday was rough.  Nasty blisters, stiff legs, and hopping in and out of the car on the way to Tahoe, and I was in desperate need of stretching last night.  I'm feeling a bit more human today.

Anyone else have ridiculously tight shoulders and biceps?  I'm assuming it is the result of gripping the bars on the rough pavement.  Could not believe the number of bottles and bottle cages I saw on the course!

Hope everyone gets to enjoy some R&R!

2013-07-30 7:18 AM
in reply to: swgtri

User image

Expert
Salem
Got back home to Oregon yesterday. Have the day off from work today to finish recovering. My Race report Is up.
2013-07-30 2:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by swgtri

What a great race!  Well run, with AMAZING volunteers!  Set PRs on both the swim and bike, and despite the predictably challenging run, I set an ironman PR, too. It was awesome seeing the "familiar" faces of Lisa and Linda on the run course. 

I don't recommend trying to climb Chalk Hill in your big ring (!), and between that at running a marathon without having actually run for about 2 months prior, yesterday was rough.  Nasty blisters, stiff legs, and hopping in and out of the car on the way to Tahoe, and I was in desperate need of stretching last night.  I'm feeling a bit more human today.

Anyone else have ridiculously tight shoulders and biceps?  I'm assuming it is the result of gripping the bars on the rough pavement.  Could not believe the number of bottles and bottle cages I saw on the course!

You rock! Congratulations on the PR! I PR'ed too...well it was my first IM, so it wasn't too hard to PR I also agree, the volunteers and the crowd support was awesome.

No upper body soreness here. I went to the hotel hot tub the day after and felt fine. I was surprised. I felt better after the IM than some marathons I've done. Think because I actually walked afterwards instead of sitting down like an idiot. I posted my race report finally. Was too much of a pain to do it on a phone/tablet.

Edit:

Does anyone know if they took any finisher pictures?!? That's the picture I really want and will buy. They only have bike and run pictures up. I'd also like to get a few of the swim going on. Arg...guess this is where having people at the race would be good.

Edited by Blastman 2013-07-30 2:05 PM
2013-07-31 10:35 AM

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Originally posted by Blastman

Originally posted by swgtri

You rock! Congratulations on the PR! I PR'ed too...well it was my first IM, so it wasn't too hard to PR I also agree, the volunteers and the crowd support was awesome.

No upper body soreness here. I went to the hotel hot tub the day after and felt fine. I was surprised. I felt better after the IM than some marathons I've done. Think because I actually walked afterwards instead of sitting down like an idiot. I posted my race report finally. Was too much of a pain to do it on a phone/tablet.

Edit:

Does anyone know if they took any finisher pictures?!? That's the picture I really want and will buy. They only have bike and run pictures up. I'd also like to get a few of the swim going on. Arg...guess this is where having people at the race would be good.

That was my biggest disappointment. They didn't get a pic of me with my arms up crossing the finish line. just a goofy looking one of me standing afterwards. Bummed cause I wanted to frame that. Oh we'll I guess if that is my biggest problem then I can't complain. My son did video my finish which is so cool to see myself cross and hear what they say as I do. I have watched it a hundred times and still tear up and smile every time
2013-07-31 1:13 PM

User image

Hi Everyone,

It was a good day for race on Saturday. Good weather, great participants, awesome volunteers. I like how they write your BIB # above your knees ... great idea.

Here is my RR ...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Thx,
Joseph
2013-07-31 9:05 PM
in reply to: paradigm777

User image

Hey guys I just wanted to say it looks like they DID take finisher pictures. I see mine up now. Woohoo!

2013-07-31 10:26 PM

User image

Expert
Salem
Originally posted by Blastman

Hey guys I just wanted to say it looks like they DID take finisher pictures. I see mine up now. Woohoo!

Thanks for letting us know. I am probably going to go with the CD.
2013-08-01 10:29 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by TriGuyBri Lisa Conklin I understand your family met my cheerleaders who came down to the race from Oregon.

Oh awesome! My family likes to make friends - they came all the way from Kansas and Illinois and said they had a blast!

I just got home last night after spending a few days wine tasting, kayaking, more wine tasting and hanging out with my family. What a great vacation!

My swim was great, the bike was fun and then super hard, and the run was good until my left IT band quit on me around mile 20. Race report here.

Really enjoyed meeting those of you that I did! I'll have some pictures posted in a few days.

2013-08-01 7:26 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by TriGuyBri Lisa Conklin I understand your family met my cheerleaders who came down to the race from Oregon.

Oh awesome! My family likes to make friends - they came all the way from Kansas and Illinois and said they had a blast!

I just got home last night after spending a few days wine tasting, kayaking, more wine tasting and hanging out with my family. What a great vacation!

My swim was great, the bike was fun and then super hard, and the run was good until my left IT band quit on me around mile 20. Race report here.

Really enjoyed meeting those of you that I did! I'll have some pictures posted in a few days.

I can relate to so many parts of your race report! The "hair" on our face during the swim. The peeing on the bike. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. haha. It was great seeing you on the course!

I finally did my race report, but I don't know how to link it to this message like you guys do.
2013-08-03 8:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Congrats on the races guys! Things went well for us as well- my wife is working on a race report right now - she was one of the ladies in the pink and blue Jobing.com kits, there were eight ladies from their team racing Barb's Race. In the meantime, to celebrate my Vineman PR, we're giving away some Hammer Nutrition via our blog/twitter. Take a look and feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on twitter to enter into the drawing- it's a sample pack of product and some gear as well. Thanks and congrats again to everybody! http://www.raceeverystep.com
2013-08-06 6:21 PM
in reply to: booth22

User image

Veteran
Henderson,NV
What a great race !
One of my fave parts was standing up at the swim turn around to clean my goggles after they were fogging up. More swims should be like that !
On the bike all I could think was that someone could make a fortune selling our water bottles back to us.
On the run I was swearing I would never do another full, but after I crossed the finish line all that was forgotten, and I was thinking when I could do my next one.
I'm glad I had the chance to share this journey with all of you, reading about other peoples strife and victories , helped me get to the starting line.

2013-08-07 10:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by kenb

On the bike all I could think was that someone could make a fortune selling our water bottles back to us.

I know right!
They posted on Facebook that they collect and wash them all, and donate them to charities like Girls on the Run.
They also posted that the donate flip flops from the swim start to various organizations, and towels left in T1 to PALS assistance dogs organization.

Pretty cool!!

Here's the photo they posted of the collected water bottles:

Edited by lisac957 2013-08-07 10:18 AM
2013-08-07 12:12 PM

User image

Expert
Littleton, Colorado
Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by kenb

I know right!
They posted on Facebook that they collect and wash them all, and donate them to charities like Girls on the Run.
They also posted that the donate flip flops from the swim start to various organizations, and towels left in T1 to PALS assistance dogs organization.

Pretty cool!!

Here's the photo they posted of the collected water bottles:

I think they missed a few!  That looks like about 1/3 of what I saw on the course.  And then there were the bottle cages...

2013-08-09 6:48 PM

User image

Expert
Huntington Beach
Looking at some of your logs I am relieved to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't done anything since the race. Time to get back at it tomorrow.
2013-08-11 11:22 AM

User image

Expert
Salem
Originally posted by akrenik

Looking at some of your logs I am relieved to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't done anything since the race. Time to get back at it tomorrow.

I haven't done a thing since. I just returned from Disney World in Florida. Man it was hot and humid. Still a great time. I am not sure what I will be doing in the future. I'd like to lose some weight, con't running and work on strength training. I am going to forgo the bike for a while. Not sure about swimming. My wife is expecting me to not race until next year. Which is fine by me. Focus will be on my son and his school activities.

Stay in touch.
2013-08-11 10:07 PM

User image

I started to get back into things and plan to sign up for a marathon in October. I went to a local tri club meeting and I got to know the leader and he told me to drop by during his swim coaching lesson this week, so that's a bonus

Sounds like you had a nice trip trip Brian but don't go cold turkey on the bike. Try to get on the trainer or something once in a while. No point in loosing all that fitness. We all know the suffering we had to go through to get to where we are today.

2013-08-12 9:32 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I'm doing Chicago Marathon Oct. 13 with a charity - but jumping back into it last week meant a long run on Saturday Embarassed

My sort-of-aggressive plan said 14 miles, but my sister was only doing 13, so I only did 12. It was tough. Only running 4 days a week and not much else so I think I'll be okay.

2013-08-12 12:37 PM

User image

Expert
Littleton, Colorado

My doc said no weight bearing exercise for 2 months to give my hip a chance to heal completely.  I'll probably be getting back on the trainer and in the water this week, and may try to work in Pilates, yoga, or a barre class--things I have been interested in, but have not had the time to do in the last 8-9 months!

There is a half marathon that will run literally behind my house on Labor Day, and I had toyed with doing it, if for no other reason than the novelty, but looks like I'll have to target something a little further off.

2013-09-02 5:58 PM

User image

Expert
Salem
Hey everyone. Thought I'd share my 2013 Vineman Race Movie with you. Pretty simple to put it together. It isn't as good as it is directly on the computer, but good enough. Let me know what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i35iaidhdmnx9kk/2013%20Vineman%20Video%20f...
2013-09-03 3:27 PM

User image

Chilliwack

Originally posted by TriGuyBri Hey everyone. Thought I'd share my 2013 Vineman Race Movie with you. Pretty simple to put it together. It isn't as good as it is directly on the computer, but good enough. Let me know what you think. https://www.dropbox.com/s/i35iaidhdmnx9kk/2013%20Vineman%20Video%20f...

Thanks for posting that, it brought back a lot of awesome memories for me!

Mike

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Full Vineman Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 29