General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calling all Lancaster Area Triathletes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-10 7:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mount Joy
Subject: Calling all Lancaster Area Triathletes
Hey guys and girls....as we get deeper and deeper into the off season and closer to 2013 I thought I would throw out an idea I had to see if there would be any interest. As most of you I train mostly solo with the exception of some group cycling workouts with some bike racers I know. I know it can be hard to find the motivation with all the solo training so here is my proposition....I'd like to set up some group training sessions. These will consist of track sessions, rides, trail runs, and an occasional OWS when the weather permits. I'm thinking maybe once every two weeks on the weekends. I will try to accomadate to all levels and even throw in some tips and tricks along the way. As far as distances and types of work, I'm training for a top 15 finish at Hy-Vee US championships, so most workouts will be Olympic distance focused, but speedwork will be good for all distances. Let me know would be interested and spread the work I plan to get them started in the New Year. Thanks Jason

2012-12-13 1:08 PM
in reply to: #4530027

Veteran
Subject: RE: Calling all Lancaster Area Triathletes
i'd be interested, but i think mercer is just to far away. maybe if i get a long weekend i could make a trip
2012-12-27 5:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Broomall, PA
That's a hike for me, but if they weather is decent enough I'd come out
2013-01-11 9:00 PM

Very interested. I also train mostly solo but would like the opportunity to train with a group on occassion.
2013-01-21 11:21 AM

User image

Ephrata
Hey Jason, I'm definitely interested. I think we are close too. Only obstacle is my work schedule, I have to work every other weekend. Thanks,Jen
2013-01-25 3:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mount Joy
Jen we can work around that. Saturday I'm planning on a 2 hour ride. Fairly easy with some surges...anyone interested. Flat terrain for most part

2014-03-14 12:42 PM
in reply to: swimmer04

User image

Finally getting back into the sport after some knee work. Committed to Black Bear OLY (probably out of my mind, but what the heck) so I wouldn't mind some folks to do a little training with. I am in Etown if that matters and I am a former swimmer and current swim coach, so I am always happy to help with some stroke suggestions.
2014-03-17 1:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pennsylvania

Just throwing some extra info out there for those that may not know there is a fairly new Masters group that swims at F&M.  The head and assistant coaches of the college lead the workouts.  (this week they are away for nationals but will be back next week).  The group swims M, W, F from 6 am- 7:30 am (although it usually ends by 7:15 or so).  The cost is $45/mo.  Email Ben Dalia for more info at benjamin(dot)delia(at)fandm(dot)edu.  Sorry for the choppy email address but I don't want him getting nailed by a bunch of spammers.

Also, I'm local (Mount Joy) to those who have responded to this thread and would possibly be interested in training together sometimes.

Edited by melbo55 2014-03-17 1:08 PM
2014-06-02 4:23 PM

User image

Just did Black Bear Oly...holy hills! Had a great race with the exception of 40 minutes roadside with 2 tires down simultaneously. Pretty rough patches here and there on course and I got forced into some badness on a downhill. Not sure if it was pinch or snake bite, regardless, my one extra tube only solved half the problem. Would have been south of 3:00 but just wasn't to be!

Looking to get into some rides as I need more seat time with a half IM scheduled at end of the summer. Let me know if anyone's arranging rides.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calling all Lancaster Area Triathletes Rss Feed