General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training in Barrow Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-04 12:38 AM

User image

Subject: Training in Barrow
Right now I'm in Chicago rehabbing a slipped disc, but soon enough I head back to Barrow.  I trained for the Chicago Marathon there (sort of perfect, actually - flat and sea level), but how do I train for the swim and bike where there's no pool and no pavement?  Can I do bike training exclusively on a trainer?  I haven't done a tri in a while, and I wasn't living up here when training for it.

2013-01-06 4:21 AM
in reply to: #4561312

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Training in Barrow

gogoshire - 2013-01-03 9:38 PM Right now I'm in Chicago rehabbing a slipped disc, but soon enough I head back to Barrow.  I trained for the Chicago Marathon there (sort of perfect, actually - flat and sea level), but how do I train for the swim and bike where there's no pool and no pavement?  Can I do bike training exclusively on a trainer?  I haven't done a tri in a while, and I wasn't living up here when training for it.

I am in Fairbanks, so not as desolate as Barrow. As far as the swim goes I am not sure. As to biking training exclusively on the trainer, yes. My tri bike has been on the trainer since Sept. I have Trainer Road and a couple of Sufferfest videos. They seem to be helping me quite a lot. I have noticed an improvement in my trainer speed. You could also look at either a fat tire bike or a mt bike to get some riding in outdoors.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training in Barrow Rss Feed