Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 00m
  • 13.1 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

As this race grows in popularity, the number of runner has grown. It has grew to the point that run pacer has been obtain. With a marathon completed a month ago, a fast course (mostly down hill) and having a run pacer, I had set a 2:05 as a goal, but felt if all the star were in line a sub 2 hour was very much possible. I was a little worried at the start as am a slow runner to start with and averaging 9 minute mile at the start would be a challenge.

Plan was to stay with pacer the whole way as she had mention she would stick with the 9:09 pace. Well that didn’t happen, first mile 9:01 and pacer was already couple hundred yard in front. And that pace was fast for me. Had to back off a little and went to plan b. Keep the pacer in site as much as possible. By mile 3 I couldn’t see the pacer any more, but I still had my pace wrist band and decided to just follow that as much as possible as according to the band I was on pace for 2 hours.

By mile 3 I was in a nice runners high. I did have an issue with my right foot as it started to burn. I didn’t think I had it loose to the point my foot was moving in the shoe, but I guess it was and I didn’t want to tighten the lace even more. The next couple of miles I was well under my pace and felt I was on my way for a sub 2 hour. By then my right foot was on fire big time.

By mile 8 my energy level dropped. I was really tired, but still under on pace. The last 4 miles were mostly flat with some roller that hurt going up, but going down was nice. With 5K left the sub 2 hour was out the window and my calves were on the verge of cramping up. I wasn’t a happy camper at that moment. I know I had a new PR and kept telling myself any PR is a great day. The finish line was at the high school track and we had to run half a lap. It was a nice push to see friends & fellow runners cheer us on. I tried to push a little more at the end, but didn’t have anything in the tank. I finished with a 2:05 a new PR by three minutes.

What would you do differently?:

After looking over my splits. I could have slowed down my pace during mile 4-7. Need to up my weekly runs at least 10 mile or even 15 miles.
Post race
Warm down:

I got my usual refreshment:chocolate milk, banana,& bread. Went home and did a ice bath. My righ foot was burning from mile 3 and it got worst as I ran more. It hurst so bad I didn't want to take my shoe off till I went in the ice bath. When I finally took my shoe off. I feet must have been moving alot in my shoe as it rub so much that I had two big holes on the sox and my left sox was on its ways as well.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

pacing & training.

Event comments:

It great course and will continue to run this race. Need to figure out why the shoe/sock and feet thing happen. Great finisher medal as well!

Last updated: 2012-10-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 13.1 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
1-9:01 2-9:17 3-9:21 4-8:41 5-8-45 6-8:42 7-8:54 8-10:21 9-9:22 10-9:41 11-10:13 12-10:46 13-11:07
Course: point to point and mostly down hill. A very fast course!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?