United States
40F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 3h 42m 36s
Overall Rank = 125/516
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 40/99
Pre-race routine:

got up, ate my 2 packs of oatmeal, banana, and walked 3 blocks to the shuttle pick up. Rode to the start, had 90 min to kill. Found a comfy chair inside, and took a nap. Walked out to the start ~10 min before the gun
Event warmup:

None
Run
  • 3h 42m 36s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 08m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

It went fine. I had no expectations or goals, other than to finish. My legs had been feeling ood, but this was my 3rd marathon in 6 weeks, so I didn't relaly know what to expect. Felt great at first, running wasy 7:45 miles. Kept it up for ~10 miles, but my quads were already getting tight. I didn't try to force it, and just kept moving forward, only walking at rest stops, and not starting that til mile 16. By 18, I was done, mentally, and just plodded along from one stop to the next.
What would you do differently?:

nothign
Post race
Warm down:

walked around, got a nice cup of warm soup, walked backto the hotel for a 5 min cold shower, and a 15min soak in the hot tub

Event comments:

This was a great smaller race. Unfortunately, the Jersey Coast is dead this time of year. Too cool to enjoy the water. Everyone was very friendly, hte event was well organized, lots of aid stations with friendly volunteers. Post race spread was adequate. My only gripe was the 9AM start. THe shuttle buses left the finish area at 7:15 for a 9AM start, so we were at the start by 7:45 with >1 hr to kill. They didn't let us stay on the warm bus, so people were hanging out in the 30deg cold wind for a long time. May be they could push that back 30 min or so. And the website wasn't updated after Dec 2012. Minor details, only, overall it was a good event.

Last updated: 2012-12-12 12:00 AM
Running
03:42:36 | 26.2 miles | 08m 30s  min/mile
Age Group: 40/99
Overall: 125/516
Performance: Average
Course: point to point from Cape May up the coase to Sea Isle City. Fairly scenic. Very flat except a couple of bridges, none were too bad. Mild wind, but nothing too bad
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes