General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to learn to swim in a crowded lap pool? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-04-16 6:41 AM
in reply to: #4692462

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Subject: RE: How to learn to swim in a crowded lap pool?

I understand your situation and I too am a POOR swimmer.  When I started last year I could not make it across the pool.  I was intimidated in the pool and just made myself go.  I did get lesson and that has helped.  I am still not a good swimmer but now I'm not worried about getting across the pool.  however when I share a lane, my stroke and coordinatiion falls considerably but I have to realize this does help with OWS.  It is hard now but good in the long run.

One alternative I have started doing is going to a lake to swim.  I can swim by myself, it simulates an OWS since i have to site and I'm close to the shore if I have problems.

Now back to your pool problem, what I have seen, most people are very nice, yes some people think they own the pool and some are just jerks, but those are the minority.

Do not let the people in the pool cause you to quit swimming and training, it is GREAT exercise and good for you.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to learn to swim in a crowded lap pool? Rss Feed  

of 2