General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness in hands/arms in aero Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-29 8:38 PM

Subject: Numbness in hands/arms in aero
Recently swapped out my ski bars on 3t aurapro for s bars and have been having issues with numbness in my arms and hands.  Has anyone experienced this?  Thoughts?

2013-04-30 5:15 AM
in reply to: #4719993

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Numbness in hands/arms in aero
Tom Demerly wrote a great article a few years back...

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/sbend.shtml

I'm guessing that you are causing reduced circulation and it could also be related how hard you're gripped the extensions. Try just resting your palms on the extensions without gripping them.
2013-04-30 11:10 AM
in reply to: #4720190

User image

Master
Sedona, AZ
Subject: RE: Numbness in hands/arms in aero

audiojan - 2013-04-30 3:15 AM Tom Demerly wrote a great article a few years back... http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/sbend.shtmlI'm guessing that you are causing reduced circulation and it could also be related how hard you're gripped the extensions. Try just resting your palms on the extensions without gripping them.

I hate that article and the x-rays because they are not representative of how people actually hold the bars. They are intentionally flexing their wrists in an awkward position.

I agree with Jan though - you could be holding the extensions too tightly. Try holding them with relaxed arms/hands (palms against the extensions to help with control and a light grip with the fingers), and even shoulders. You should be able to hold the TT position with a very relaxed upper body, with elbows bent at a 90 deg angle.

One of the beauties of the s-bend is that you can adjust your position forward and back on the bars. Try moving around a little to keep the blood flowing. I find this helps with sore spots too.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness in hands/arms in aero Rss Feed