BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2013-12-17 9:28 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Jackson, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed
Major disappointment yesterday. My wetsuit arrived damaged. Several tears in one leg. Going to get a refund. Now I'm stuck with trying to find another. Having a hard time finding my size. I guess the makers are phasing out 2013 and will be coming out with new models. Looking at an Orca S4 and TYR Cat 1. I'm returning a Zoot Z-force 2. Does anybody have experience with either of these or have a different recommendation? Thanks!

2013-12-17 9:44 AM
in reply to: NeverTri'd

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by NeverTri'd

Major disappointment yesterday. My wetsuit arrived damaged. Several tears in one leg. Going to get a refund. Now I'm stuck with trying to find another. Having a hard time finding my size. I guess the makers are phasing out 2013 and will be coming out with new models. Looking at an Orca S4 and TYR Cat 1. I'm returning a Zoot Z-force 2. Does anybody have experience with either of these or have a different recommendation? Thanks!

Check out Synergy. They have a good line with a bunch of sizes. I wore mine in my first race over the weekend and loved it. The owner of Synergy came over from Orca and was a lead designer or something. Disclaimer: They have me set up with a partial sponsorship so I am biased but I may be able to get a hefty discount code for you to use. I already emailed my contact to see what kind of deal they can offer. It should be quite large. Even at retail the entry suit which is what I have is $239. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them.
2013-12-17 11:15 AM
in reply to: Burd

User image

Jackson, Mississippi
Originally posted by Burd

Check out Synergy. They have a good line with a bunch of sizes. I wore mine in my first race over the weekend and loved it. The owner of Synergy came over from Orca and was a lead designer or something. Disclaimer: They have me set up with a partial sponsorship so I am biased but I may be able to get a hefty discount code for you to use. I already emailed my contact to see what kind of deal they can offer. It should be quite large. Even at retail the entry suit which is what I have is $239. I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks! I appreciate it!!!!!
2013-12-17 11:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
I thought going for 3+ hours in the saddle was hard until I did 40 minutes worth of intervals on the bike today. I was doing a workout to raise my VO2 max and it's a b!tch It was cool to feel what it must be like to be a pro when I hit 30 mph on one of the intervals...for only 30 seconds, haha. I have no idea how they can hold that for hours and hours then sprint hard at the finish. For those of you that met me one year ago and my goal was to be able to get my face in the water I have a new goal for '14. By the end of the year I will break the 1 hour mark on my end of the year sprint if it kills me. I now know where I can make up the 8 minutes and I believe it's doable. 2.5 minutes on the swim, 3 minutes on the bike, 3 minutes on the run, and 15 seconds in T1 and T2, all very possible. You all can have the long courses I wanna go fast :P
2013-12-17 1:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

I spoke to Jason at Synergy and all of my friends in the BDAS can use the code wssa for 40% off any Synergy or Gray items. If anyone orders please put somewhere in the notes referred by Alex Kish so they know where it came from. That brings the cost of the wetsuit to under $145. Gray makes carbon wheels and other goodies. The code will work for any of their stuff. I hope this helps you out in a sport that is so damn expensive!

ETA: their site is synergysport.com. It pops up about their new sites but x that out and stay on the old page since the new ones aren't 100% yet and I couldn't figure out how to check out on them. Those new ones are less than a month old and still buggy.

Edited by Burd 2013-12-17 1:24 PM
2013-12-17 4:00 PM

User image

Jackson, Mississippi

I spoke to Jason at Synergy and all of my friends in the BDAS can use the code wssa for 40% off any Synergy or Gray items. If anyone orders please put somewhere in the notes referred by Alex Kish so they know where it came from. That brings the cost of the wetsuit to under $145. Gray makes carbon wheels and other goodies. The code will work for any of their stuff. I hope this helps you out in a sport that is so damn expensive!

ETA: their site is synergysport.com. It pops up about their new sites but x that out and stay on the old page since the new ones aren't 100% yet and I couldn't figure out how to check out on them. Those new ones are less than a month old and still buggy.

Wow! Thanks for doing this. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

2013-12-17 4:04 PM

User image

Jackson, Mississippi
Well, tonight's my first group trainer workout at my LBS. Not sure what to expect...probably gonna be dog tired by the end! Also, the guy leading it is doing my tri bike fit on Friday. He said he was going to be sure to put me in the front so he can watch me ride tonight. Hope he doesn't make fun of me too bad.
2013-12-17 4:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by NeverTri'd Well, tonight's my first group trainer workout at my LBS. Not sure what to expect...probably gonna be dog tired by the end! Also, the guy leading it is doing my tri bike fit on Friday. He said he was going to be sure to put me in the front so he can watch me ride tonight. Hope he doesn't make fun of me too bad.

Here is your answer for your boring trainer rides David!

Have fun in class Bill, enjoy melting into a pool of sweat!

2013-12-17 4:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by NeverTri'd Major disappointment yesterday. My wetsuit arrived damaged. Several tears in one leg. Going to get a refund. Now I'm stuck with trying to find another. Having a hard time finding my size. I guess the makers are phasing out 2013 and will be coming out with new models. Looking at an Orca S4 and TYR Cat 1. I'm returning a Zoot Z-force 2. Does anybody have experience with either of these or have a different recommendation? Thanks!
I spoke to Jason at Synergy and all of my friends in the BDAS can use the code wssa for 40% off any Synergy or Gray items. If anyone orders please put somewhere in the notes referred by Alex Kish so they know where it came from. That brings the cost of the wetsuit to under $145. Gray makes carbon wheels and other goodies. The code will work for any of their stuff. I hope this helps you out in a sport that is so damn expensive! ETA: their site is synergysport.com. It pops up about their new sites but x that out and stay on the old page since the new ones aren't 100% yet and I couldn't figure out how to check out on them. Those new ones are less than a month old and still buggy.

Nice job Alex!

My question is how the H-E-double hockey sticks to you get all this sponsorship???

2013-12-17 8:52 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by Qua17

Today was a good day. I got in two strong PT workouts plus I was able to hit the pool. I was proud of my swim for two reasons - 1) It was the longest I've gone since mid summer when I could go jump in a lake and 2) because I swam a 900 time trial in 19:30 which is 2:08 per mile. I'm pretty happy with that... Making progress.

I got in touch with my inner DQ this morning. I swam 1000 yards in 24:45. That's a bit slower at around 2:39/100. Thanks for the motivation.
@DQ inspired!
2013-12-18 9:21 AM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Well have run more in the past two weeks then the past two months...which is still tiny, tiny, tiny. Back was a little off today... Could be from slipping off my top step at home Sunday and ending up on my back at the bottom, 4 steps down....had freezing rain Sunday night. This weather is going to kill me!

Cheers!

2013-12-18 10:19 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

We have been archived....you starting another group David?

2013-12-19 1:10 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by thor67

We have been archived....you starting another group David?

On top of it like a cap on a bottle of beer.

Here is the link to the Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

The more we post in the next week the sooner we go live!
2013-12-19 11:23 PM

User image

Expert
Just wanted to do two things:

1 - I hope you all will join BDAS 3. It has been a blast teaming up with you all the year and I hope we can keep this group going in the future.

2 - It finally happened today. Some of you may remember that in September, I got excited because I was on the verge of doing something which I hadn't done since November 2012 which was to complete three four mile runs in a week. sadly, I was crushed when my hip got so inflamed that I wasn't able to do the third. Well, today, after 13 months (how insane is that!!!) I finished my third 4+ mile run this week. So, I guess the 5 hours of weekly PT is finally paying off.

2013-12-20 1:24 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

1 - I hope you all will join BDAS 3. It has been a blast teaming up with you all the year and I hope we can keep this group going in the future.

2 - It finally happened today. Some of you may remember that in September, I got excited because I was on the verge of doing something which I hadn't done since November 2012 which was to complete three four mile runs in a week. sadly, I was crushed when my hip got so inflamed that I wasn't able to do the third. Well, today, after 13 months (how insane is that!!!) I finished my third 4+ mile run this week. So, I guess the 5 hours of weekly PT is finally paying off.

That's a bonus. Glad to hear your hitting the mark. How's the hip feel pain wise?

Do we just reply to the link above to re-up?
2013-12-20 6:31 AM

User image

Jackson, Mississippi

Glad the hip is doing better. Just hate you've had to go through it. I plan on remaining with the group if y'all will have me again. Everyone was a BIG help in helping me complete my first races this year. Hoping for bigger and better things this year!

Bill

2013-12-22 2:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

Awesome DQ! That is great news and I bet it feels great.
2013-12-26 2:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
I'm going to post there until the new thread goes live - I don't want a full thread to intimidate potential new members.

Christmas gluttony is over, thank God. I don't think I'll quite break 200 on the scale, but that's only because I won't be weighing for another week or so. Smoked a 13 pound turkey over applewood, for fantastic results.

My Amazon wishlist also got raided by my spouse and in-laws, including "Be Ironfit" and "Triathlon Bible," plus a set of Desoto Rivera 400 mile bibs, and a new and super sweet bike repair stand.

I"ve been in touch with a coach that came highly recommended to me, so that looks like it's going to be useful too.
2013-12-26 7:12 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Any body else not able to log workouts in on there calendar's? I've never had this happen before, but when I go to click on a workout to add it, nothing happens. Has anyone ever experienced that before?
2013-12-26 7:31 PM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Nervermind beerdrinkers. I just had to refresh my browser, and all is right in the world again.
2013-12-28 3:18 PM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Originally posted by mirthfuldragon

I'm going to post there until the new thread goes live - I don't want a full thread to intimidate potential new members.

Christmas gluttony is over, thank God. I don't think I'll quite break 200 on the scale, but that's only because I won't be weighing for another week or so. Smoked a 13 pound turkey over applewood, for fantastic results.

My Amazon wishlist also got raided by my spouse and in-laws, including "Be Ironfit" and "Triathlon Bible," plus a set of Desoto Rivera 400 mile bibs, and a new and super sweet bike repair stand.

I"ve been in touch with a coach that came highly recommended to me, so that looks like it's going to be useful too.

What you think of the 400 milers? I got a pair also and they feel real snug but people are saying they should be. I guess I never had a proper fitting pair and before I take the tags off I need to be 110% sure I have the right size. The "junk" area is fine and so are the suspenders just the gripper area and they are weird getting them on. They will stretch a tad correct?

2013-12-28 3:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
WTF! Went on a run yesterday and when I got to the end of the block I couldn't run at all due to shooting severe IT band pain. Walked home and iced it but still had pain on what I think is Gerdy's Tubercle. I rolled and stretched all night and this morning. I went on a ride today for 1.5 hours with zero problems and don't feel it rubbing anymore. Do I try to run in a few days after a bunch of rolling? How long do I wait before trying? I honestly don't know where this came from since I ran 4 days earlier with just a smidgen of discomfort that has been there for some time.
2013-12-28 9:03 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

I thought going for 3+ hours in the saddle was hard until I did 40 minutes worth of intervals on the bike today. I was doing a workout to raise my VO2 max and it's a b!tch It was cool to feel what it must be like to be a pro when I hit 30 mph on one of the intervals...for only 30 seconds, haha. I have no idea how they can hold that for hours and hours then sprint hard at the finish. For those of you that met me one year ago and my goal was to be able to get my face in the water I have a new goal for '14. By the end of the year I will break the 1 hour mark on my end of the year sprint if it kills me. I now know where I can make up the 8 minutes and I believe it's doable. 2.5 minutes on the swim, 3 minutes on the bike, 3 minutes on the run, and 15 seconds in T1 and T2, all very possible. You all can have the long courses I wanna go fast :P

Keep your desire and focus and if you see obstacles overcome them and do not quit! You will succeed!
2013-12-28 9:06 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada

Outstanding effin standing!
2013-12-28 9:07 PM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Originally posted by thor67

Well have run more in the past two weeks then the past two months...which is still tiny, tiny, tiny. Back was a little off today... Could be from slipping off my top step at home Sunday and ending up on my back at the bottom, 4 steps down....had freezing rain Sunday night. This weather is going to kill me!

Cheers!

Dang it! Stay healthy and strong!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society 2 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 70