General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knee Pain from doing nothing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-04 5:03 AM

Subject: Knee Pain from doing nothing
So I got this left knee pain right at the bottom of my knee cap from doing nothing.  I was eating dinner got up and felt it.  It got worse later on and still hurting this morning which prevented me from sleeping well.  The only thing I did was swim early in the morning but it was a very light swim. Didn't feel anything. The day before I was biking and felt great.  The only thing that's been hurting for a while are my feet,  it might be Plantar, so I haven't been running for 2 weeks.  I've never felt any kind of knee pain like this.  Can you get knee pain from doing nothing?

2013-05-04 5:34 AM
in reply to: #4726955

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Knee Pain from doing nothing

Have you always suffered from PF? Or is this recent. I got PF last fall and needed to change my work/running shoes. I'd also been doing some speed work and long runs built up a little too quickly. The two issues might be related.

Tendonitis can come out of no where. 

2013-05-04 7:24 AM
in reply to: #4726955

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Could be possible it's something you did that's not even running-related. A few days before a pretty long race last month that involved 18 km of running, one of my knees started to hurt on an easy run and I had to cut the run short. Like you, no idea why--I'd just done an easy swim the day before. Took the next two days till the race off from running and a daily dose of Advil--never hurt during the race and hasn't come back. In retrospect, I think I may have bruised the kneecap or irritated the patellar tendon by kneeling on the floor when I was working with a student at her desk. I was doing that last week and one of the kids brought me a chair--such great students, taking care of their teacher! Have also "injured" myself doing silly stuff ranging from driving with the seat not in the usual position, gardening, and sawing up fallen tree limbs!  I'd try a few days off, stretching, ice, and Advil before panicking.
2013-05-04 8:06 AM
in reply to: #4726969

KateTri1 - 2013-05-04 6:34 AM

Have you always suffered from PF? Or is this recent. I got PF last fall and needed to change my work/running shoes. I'd also been doing some speed work and long runs built up a little too quickly. The two issues might be related.

Tendonitis can come out of no where. 

Never had PF before, maybe I'm just getting old.  PF and knee pain related, hmmm... interesting, thanks.

2013-05-04 8:08 AM
in reply to: #4727028

Hot Runner - 2013-05-04 8:24 AM Could be possible it's something you did that's not even running-related. A few days before a pretty long race last month that involved 18 km of running, one of my knees started to hurt on an easy run and I had to cut the run short. Like you, no idea why--I'd just done an easy swim the day before. Took the next two days till the race off from running and a daily dose of Advil--never hurt during the race and hasn't come back. In retrospect, I think I may have bruised the kneecap or irritated the patellar tendon by kneeling on the floor when I was working with a student at her desk. I was doing that last week and one of the kids brought me a chair--such great students, taking care of their teacher! Have also "injured" myself doing silly stuff ranging from driving with the seat not in the usual position, gardening, and sawing up fallen tree limbs!  I'd try a few days off, stretching, ice, and Advil before panicking.

Did some ice and Advil.  I'll see how it goes through the day, thanks.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Knee Pain from doing nothing Rss Feed