BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Suz and Steph's Sprint, Oly and First Tri group! OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2013-09-08 9:07 AM
in reply to: Brendab

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Suz and Steph's Sprint, Oly and First Tri group! OPEN
Come on in! Where in Florida are you?

I've moved back to Miami recently and am finding the humidity to be a real beast!

What are your races? I bet you and your buds will love it!

2013-09-08 9:18 AM
in reply to: brian63

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Originally posted by brian63

Hi Everyone!

Suz & Steph - still taking on newbies to the group? I'm a 50 YO male in PA and just finished my first sprint. I have a decent background in running (XC since HS and regular 5-10 milers each year for the last several years). I've definitely got the bug and am currently working on my strategy for next year. Unfortunately I only scheduled this one and found out about 6 weeks before my tri that I had been training on a a fractured ankle. Looking to rest it up and heal it up before getting heavy back into it. I was in the pool today, the swim is definitely my weak spot. Planning to train hard this winter to smoke a few more sprints before I try to move up to an Olympic, possibly by the end of next season. I'm looking for advice, counseling and just a general sounding board for preparing my training.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Welcome Brian! sounding board... I think that's us! how did you manage to hurt your ankle?
2013-09-08 9:50 AM
in reply to: skibummer

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Originally posted by skibummer

Good race/bad race.

GOOD:
Held my own and got second in my AG.
Remember the format? B/S/B/R.
First B I let everyone pass at the mass start but then pushed hard and passed most of the field.

The S was torture. 400 yrds never felt so awful. Dizzy, tired, ugh... I seriously thought I was going to drown. I side stroked (WHAT?) some and that helped me recover, but I felt like a squirrel in a swimming pool. The first B had worked me, but I ended up having the second fastest overall S split of the day, and I'd say it was the first fastest because the guy who beat me was part of a relay team.

Second B I pushed and thought I may have over cooked, but I never caught nor passed anyone. In fact I never saw anybody.

BAD:

I accidently cut part of the run course. So did a lot of people. I am pretty sure I would have still won 2nd AG if I hadn't. I was way out in front of the next closest guy exiting the "run out"

The best part was giving my little daughter a high five on the run. She (and my boy) give me such a smile and boost when I see them out there. They love watching me race.

I love this story.
2013-09-29 5:53 PM
in reply to: comet the dog

User image

Master
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Well, it's over until December! We can continue to communicate here, if everyone can find us. AND new Mentor Programs will open up in December.

I hope everyone sticks around. If you have questions about your off-season and things you want to work on, just post! I'll check in and see what's up.
2013-10-15 3:08 PM
in reply to: #4833303

First time tri racer this season 2014 in MD or DE or NJ. Training now 6 days. 53 female in Maryland. SPRINT races.
2013-10-17 9:39 PM
in reply to: MDac

New user

Hi Suz and Steph, I am hoping you have room for one more Aussie to mentor??
I am a single mum of two, and live in Darwin NT
I did a short distance all women's triathlon back in 2010, and have since done 7-8 more short distance tris, the last one being a sprint distance in bali back in july. I have never really followed a training programme or nutrition plan, so am in desperate need of any advice as I've signed up for my first Olympic distance in jan 2014.
Thanks,

Vivienne

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Suz and Steph's Sprint, Oly and First Tri group! OPEN Rss Feed  

of 9