General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Buffalo Springs 70.3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-10 6:41 PM

Subject: Buffalo Springs 70.3

I'm not sure how this forum works so if I am posting to the wrong area, let me know!  I am new at triathlons.  I signed up for the Buffalo Springs 70.3 in Lubbock TX a few months ago.  I haven't been able to get any information.  I see a participant list but not sure that it is for 2013 because I am not listed.  Tried to get information through email but no results.  I signed up on line and, ready or not I will be there.   Probably the slowest out of the water but I just want to make it out of the water.  Can anyone provide information on whether the participant list currently on line is for last year or this year?  I don't want to show up and be surprised.    Also, I got the low down on the heat and the hills, any comments on the swim for a newbie swimmer?

2013-05-11 6:03 PM
in reply to: #4737259

User image

Austin
Subject: RE: Buffalo Springs 70.3
I am also signed up, but dont see my name on that list. But I got the confirmation email and the charge has already hit my card. I am not going to worry. Good luck and get alot of owswims in.
2013-05-11 9:04 PM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, TX

The list currently on the web site is last years list. I'm on the list and raced last year but have not signed up for this year and I show on that list.

A lot of people have written race reports from previous years at BSLT. You can find them through this link:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/directory/link-detail.asp?linkid=3668

2013-05-12 8:16 PM

User image

Canyon, Texas
tailwinds8 - 2013-05-10 6:41 PM

I'm not sure how this forum works so if I am posting to the wrong area, let me know!  I am new at triathlons.  I signed up for the Buffalo Springs 70.3 in Lubbock TX a few months ago.  I haven't been able to get any information.  I see a participant list but not sure that it is for 2013 because I am not listed.  Tried to get information through email but no results.  I signed up on line and, ready or not I will be there.   Probably the slowest out of the water but I just want to make it out of the water.  Can anyone provide information on whether the participant list currently on line is for last year or this year?  I don't want to show up and be surprised.    Also, I got the low down on the heat and the hills, any comments on the swim for a newbie swimmer?

Yep, last year's list but I'm sure you're in there if you got charged.  Like you, this will be my first HIM but I just did the Oly there last week and I WAS the last out of the water LOL.  It was my first OWS swim... one thing I was surprised with was how murky the water was and how terrible I was at sighting.  I have read that there will be a wave start with 100 per and around 800-900 participants.  Definitely plan on having a wetsuit, I hear the lake tends to be cool and you will enjoy the floatation.  Plan on getting there as early as possible, parking is a nightmare.  I look forward to seeing you there, the field looked pretty intense!

Edited by tlancer23 2013-05-12 8:19 PM
2013-05-13 11:01 AM

User image

Just so you know there is an official message board under the long distance portion of the site which will have a ton of info on it.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Buffalo Springs 70.3 Rss Feed