General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Alone? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-03 8:02 AM

User image

Subject: Training Alone?
I am new to this site and tri's together. I live in the Tomball, Spring, The Woodlands area and I am looking for people to train with. Whether it is running, biking, swimming or strength, I am up for anything!

Please respond if you are interested.

2013-07-03 9:07 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
CyFair
Subject: RE: Training Alone?
Let's see.  They Cypress Triathlon Club is right around the corner from you.  You can find their group on FB.  There is always groups of varying abilities getting together to ride.  In the Woodlands check out South Coast Endurance on FB.  They're a coaching company but seem to be pretty open to all comers with their group training.  My company, Sonic Endurance, should have some group training opportunities coming together soon, but we're pretty new in the area so it's a work in progress.

Edited by uhcoog 2013-07-03 9:07 AM
2013-07-03 9:27 AM
in reply to: uhcoog

User image

I've talked to a couple people about checking out some bike stores to get involved in their riding groups. I'm working on getting a bike... I have been weighing out my options and researching the best possible way to obtain one for the right price.

So right now i'm stuck with running, swimming and strength training. And of course, the stationary bike or spin bike...

Do you know of any good running clubs? I've heard Lukes Locker in The Woodlands has a group run on Saturdays I think...? Any comments?

Thank you for the response!
2013-07-03 10:35 AM
in reply to: dbew22

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by dbew22

I am new to this site and tri's together. I live in the Tomball, Spring, The Woodlands area and I am looking for people to train with. Whether it is running, biking, swimming or strength, I am up for anything!

Please respond if you are interested.

Hi Bro:

Welcome to BT!!!

I used to be from that area I used to work at St.Lukes Woodlands. , My cycling buddies are mostly from St.Lukes ,We all met at the "Great Plane Ride" or known as the Continental Bike Ride" . Its a 70 mile Hilly Route ,I believe its the only hilly route closer to Houston. Its a good training for a Half Iron difficult bike routes. You could also try www.northwestcyclingclub.com. I saw alot of them when we did the MS150 this year along with the crazy Full IM Trainees who think its a race. With regards to running (my best medicine) I met them at the Woodlands Half Marathon sponsored by St.Lukes. try to ask around "Fleet Feet " I see alot of them. With swimming right now i am involved with sbrcoaches.com one of their coaches is my swim instructor they hold a weekly OWS group at Towne lakes at Cypress.

Right now i am at Sugarland where other than bike rides i still meet up with my friends, mostly i run and ride alone like you, except for the swimming where i needed most help.

Anyway cheers bro!!!

Goodluck

2013-07-03 2:22 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Thank you for all the great info!

I'm learning that the best way to go about this, is to get out to the shops and talk to the people in there...?

How's the OWS at Towne Lakes?

2013-07-03 3:26 PM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by dbew22

Thank you for all the great info!

I'm learning that the best way to go about this, is to get out to the shops and talk to the people in there...?

How's the OWS at Towne Lakes?

They are cool try to get in touch one of the coaches and ask about joining the OWS i think its $10 per day and its only the first 25 of the day.
I believe Eric is one of the coaches.

2013-07-03 5:10 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Veteran
Hey bro, I live in crockett, tx which is about an hour from the woodlands. We plan on moving there in the next year cause we liked it so much after 1 visit! On my visit I stopped in at fleet feel to talk to some guys about trails and stuff. I talked to rick and mick and both were super helpful about info on bike and run. They sent me to www.thewoodlandsrunningclub.org to check out some of the routes. Like i said i'm not from there yet but the routes looked pretty cool. Just passing on some info
2013-07-06 3:16 PM
in reply to: proudrcf

User image

ahhhh yesss! I've heard about that group!! I forgot about them! And you are the second guy to mention Fleet Feet. Looks like I need to make a trip!

Thanks a lot!

Happy training!
2013-09-24 8:47 AM

User image

This is all great info! I am also in the woodlands area and looking to train for my first tri... Thanks!
2013-10-01 1:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Texas
If you're in the Spring/Woodlands area, there are a ton of options! For triathlons, there are several training groups - OutRival Racing, Strike Force Racing, Finish Strong, South Coast Endurance and Volte Endurance. They're all great groups and have group rides, runs and coached swims.

Luke's Locker has group runs on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings. Fleet Feet has group runs, but I am not sure of the schedule and the New Balance Store in The Woodlands has a Thursday evening run. I believe The Woodlands Running Club has group runs on Saturdays and Sundays. I know there is a Woodlands Cycling Club and Bike Barn on Cypresswood has group rides, if you are just looking for some folks to ride with.

Edited by aggiegrad96 2013-10-01 1:06 PM
2013-10-01 4:08 PM
in reply to: Geauxgirl504

User image

Pearland,Tx

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Alone? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone training in the Mesquite area that would not mind a newbie training with them?

Started by AJJMH
Views: 851 Posts: 1

2011-05-14 4:05 PM AJJMH

tri training clinics or coaching in N. Houston?

Started by Bfast
Views: 953 Posts: 6

2006-04-18 2:25 PM Bfast

Dave Scott training roll call!

Started by Freeswimmingfish
Views: 792 Posts: 9

2006-04-10 9:42 PM lisaj1

New Training Group Formed in East Dallas - Rockwall

Started by singledallaslady
Views: 740 Posts: 3

2006-03-24 4:34 PM camy

Dave Scott Training Weekend

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 923 Posts: 10

2006-03-14 11:01 PM courtney_leone
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2013
author : mistymills
comments : 5
Dog training techniques have surprising parallels to triathlon training and race preparation. All the lessons I THOUGHT were for my dogs started seeming very applicable to me! Here's what I learned.

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : September 6, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Triathlon Coach explains Zone 1 and Zone 2 training and the benefits of each training zone

date : July 28, 2011
author : NiceTriCoaching
comments : 1
If you're training your swim, bike and run, you're almost halfway there! This article explores what most athletes miss, and how to integrate it into your training plan.
date : June 6, 2011
author : JorgeM
comments : 1
Article explaining simple training concepts important for any endurance program

date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season
date : May 16, 2005
author : AMSSM
Discussions on base training, intensity training, peaking and tapering, racing and competition and recovery and restoration.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
At first triathlon training may seem scary and that is why I will try to summarize a few tips for whoever wants to try and get their feet wet with triathlon. I can assure you that you will be hooked.