General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA: Practice in your tri shorts often...you may have lost weight! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-08 11:28 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: PSA: Practice in your tri shorts often...you may have lost weight!

I've been training the last few months for an aquathon I did yesterday.  My open water swims have been at a lake that requires a short walk from the car and run path on a little trail not ideal for running.  Since there's a forced break between swim and run, I've just been swimming in my 2 piece racing suit and changing to running shorts.  Mistake!

Yesterday racing in my favorite tri shorts, I dove in and water began to fill the shorts.  Ugh.  This was the first race of the season without a wet suit so I guess they just plain don't fit as well as they did the past 3 seasons since I bought them.  They've been totally fine for riding and running.

Just a friendly reminder to always do at least one training session leading up to your race in what you plan to wear on race day.  It may not feel the same as it did last season!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » PSA: Practice in your tri shorts often...you may have lost weight! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

How often do you practice sighting? Pages: 1 2

Started by TriMomKS
Views: 1756 Posts: 28

2013-02-18 6:22 PM TriMomKS

PSA: Bib shorts/tribibs Pages: 1 2

Started by Goosedog
Views: 2140 Posts: 29

2011-10-27 9:42 PM mktoson

are there any benefits of having short hairl? Pages: 1 2

Started by b fish
Views: 1864 Posts: 29

2011-05-17 2:00 PM Cuetoy

Sad...I think I may have lost the Garmin USB

Started by Izlude
Views: 7435 Posts: 15

2010-10-18 3:47 PM Hook'em

Lose weight after run

Started by steven
Views: 1275 Posts: 6

2004-06-19 9:31 AM darylljsmith
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 26, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : January 13, 2011
author : KenMierke
comments : 0
Learn the principles on how to lose weight and keep it off. These 10 commandments will help keep you at a healthy weight for life.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?
date : December 4, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on IMWI preparation, May A-race preparation, lunges, yoga vs pilates, zones to lose weight and endurance loss over the winter.

date : August 17, 2007
author : mars
comments : 4
Remeber why we do this, we all have our reasons. I had trained for six months, and it was now time to actually do my first sprint triathlon.
date : June 5, 2006
author : mrakes1
In spite of blaming metabolism for your body type or holding your genetics at fault, anyone can lose weight.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 2
My main concern is obviously the running but my priority is weight loss. I really need any advice on how to get ready.