Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Huronia - the hidden gem of the Southern Ontario Triathlon Circuits Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-08 7:36 PM

Subject: Huronia - the hidden gem of the Southern Ontario Triathlon Circuits
Not sure how the attendance compares to the other events across Southern Ontario but I wanted to call out the Huronia tri given it is so close to me (I literally was able to bike to the race on Saturday to volunteer...

It didn't seem crowded which is shocking as it is surprisingly close to Toronto (closer to downtown and the East and North suburbs than any of the Western Ontario races (in either series)). 1:15 from the 400/401.

Although the start of the swim is a bit weedy the water is clean and beautiful for all distances with great visibility.

The bike courses are great - some of the most spectacular views in the region

The run is almost all covered/shaded on a perfect running trail

The park is perfect for families, 2 parks, a great beach, beach volleyball, loads of parking

Penetang is a great town to overflow into, there is a place called the Milkshake Factory 500 meters from the finish line... if that isn't a perfect end to the day what is...

If you are a strong competitor from my vantage point it seems like a perfect Olympic or Sprint race, for beginners you probably can't find a more relaxed atmosphere for a Give-it-a-Tri and for families a ton of great KOS events from 5 - 15.

Great weekend of racing. (No I don't work for MSC given this and the Volunteer post a minute ago, just a big of the race weekend).
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Huronia - the hidden gem of the Southern Ontario Triathlon Circuits Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Huronia Sprint

Started by latestarter
Views: 1184 Posts: 7

2013-07-01 8:33 AM John Salt

Huronia Tri

Started by jsmoon
Views: 1285 Posts: 7

2011-08-10 3:23 PM John Salt

Triathlon swim sessions in Southern Ontario

Started by geoffs
Views: 908 Posts: 1

2006-09-29 7:47 AM geoffs

Southern Ontario

Started by Piobaire
Views: 1172 Posts: 5

2006-02-19 6:41 PM jonow6

Southern Ontario????

Started by Colin
Views: 2182 Posts: 19

2006-02-19 1:48 PM TimmyMay
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.

date : November 29, 2011
author : trmat79
comments : 2
A story about the motivation to overcome everyday challenges
date : October 4, 2011
author : MikeyT1298
comments : 6
First time triathlete conquers swim struggle and finishes at the front of the pack

date : August 8, 2011
author : Gina60
comments : 16
I can't run a seven-minute mile anymore, but that doesn't take away from the joy of finishing
date : June 27, 2011
author : pyroman1_1
comments : 3
Lake Havasu Tri 3/19/2011

date : April 27, 2011
author : brumby11
comments : 5
An impending baby inspires a father to become fit, along the way discovering world of triathlon
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : July 30, 2006
author : bcshoe
comments : 0
My first attempt two years ago was not so successful when a deck nail found its way into my foot a week before the race. But I kept plugging away the last couple of years to stay healthy and get back.