General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie training for first half ironman Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-10 1:04 PM

Subject: Newbie training for first half ironman
Hello everyone. I started doing triathlons this year and have two international/Olympic distance triathlons under my belt. I am currently starting my training for a half ironman distance in September as part of an yearlong challenge I am doing to raise money for Challenged Athletes Foundation. If anyone has any advice on workouts they use to prepare for a half ironman I would love any information. Also, interested in learning what some people nutrition plans are for this type of event. More details about me, my current training, times from my last two events and the half ironman I am doing in September can be found on my webpage www.2013endurancechallenge.com. Appreciate any advice and help you may be able to share!

Thanks,

Sean

2013-07-11 12:38 PM
in reply to: SeanCU79

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Newbie training for first half ironman

Welcome to BT.  Lots of good folks here.

I commend the motivation behind your training and racing.

As far as training advice, I'd suggest you take a look at the HIM training plans here on BT and other sites on the web.

One thing that jumps out at me looking at your training log is that you might want to start building up to some longer runs and rides at an aerobic pace.

Again, welcome and good luck with your training.

Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie training for first half ironman Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Newbie - first tri, swimming torture, er training?

Started by Tanya530
Views: 1229 Posts: 11

2013-03-19 3:07 PM Tanya530

Ironman in training... beginner/newbie

Started by jaysinz
Views: 1191 Posts: 5

2013-07-12 2:55 PM Chokebait

Newbie.. training for first tri

Started by trodrig23
Views: 1167 Posts: 6

2010-03-02 5:08 PM blackledge

Newbie to Tri - Diving Into a Half Ironman

Started by ripit3
Views: 965 Posts: 3

2007-04-24 11:42 PM ripit3

First half-ironman, scary!

Started by hlolaj
Views: 1143 Posts: 15

2005-11-21 8:20 PM berlinsd
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.

date : January 20, 2011
author : Coach AJ
comments : 3
Using a high-volume schedule for many months is not the best tactic. Build speed and skill several months out, and then transition to a high-volume IM plan.
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
comments : 0
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : April 11, 2007
author : Snoball
California 1/2 Ironman: The run was my biggest fear. Prior to training, I had never run more than two miles at any given time.

date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.
date : October 2, 2005
author : writers2
comments : 20
My First Half Ironman Experience-A Slow, Fat, Old Triathlete. Here is my story of my first, and probably only Half Ironman. I’m an almost 52 year old, VERY Athena triathlete.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.