General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Traveling thru Denver for quick trip...looking for a quick workout spot Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-05 9:54 AM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: Traveling thru Denver for quick trip...looking for a quick workout spot
Tomorrow I'm flying into Denver from Kansas City for a meeting up in Greeley. I'm going to have about 2 hours I the afternoon to squeeze a swim or run workout before flying out at 5:30ish from Denver for L.A. I'm sure there are tons of places Ic ould visit... Is there anything en route between Greeley and the Denver airport that I could hit up for either a decent swim or a good path for a 7-8 mile run?

2013-08-05 10:23 AM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Indian Hills, CO
Subject: RE: Traveling thru Denver for quick trip...looking for a quick workout spot
I'm sure there are some trails in that area but I don't know.

What comes to mind for me is OWS in Union Reservoir. Not sure if you'll have (or need) a wetsuit but it's a nice place to swim and not too far off I-25.

http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/parks/park_list/overview/UnionReservoi...

For other trail opportunities I would search the city of Longmont or Loveland.

Ted
2013-08-05 11:43 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Traveling thru Denver for quick trip...looking for a quick workout spot
I've never actually been to this place- but I see signs every time I leave the airport. It looks like it has a 8.9 mile path around it. It's probably 10-15 minutes from the terminal.

http://www.parks.state.co.us/parks/barrlake/Pages/BarrLakeHome.aspx

ETA- I'm Denver challenged, but I think Aurora Res is pretty close to the airport https://www.auroragov.org/ThingsToDo/Reservoirs/AuroraReservoir/

I think Longmont, while it's really nice (I'm biased) is out of your way.

Edited by Moonrocket 2013-08-05 11:47 AM
2013-08-05 4:25 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Thank you for the tips! I checked out the Greeley area and it looks like there are several parks with run/walk paths. I may hit one of those up in the afternoon. I think I'd rather run at a random location in Greeley, CO than a random location is Los Angeles (which is where I will be going next). Thanks.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Traveling thru Denver for quick trip...looking for a quick workout spot Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Garmin Quick Release kit

Started by mcgilmartin
Views: 1093 Posts: 7

2011-08-08 10:26 PM trimama530

[OT] Looking for cabins W of Denver

Started by camy
Views: 1005 Posts: 6

2009-07-22 12:00 AM camy

Possibly traveling to Colorado next June.....looking for advice

Started by xmann1102
Views: 687 Posts: 7

2008-09-08 11:06 AM COSkiGirl

Looking for an Oly within driving distance from Denver

Started by Z-dog
Views: 518 Posts: 1

2007-07-01 11:51 PM Z-dog

Quick Bike Ride???

Started by velocomp
Views: 547 Posts: 3

2006-07-13 5:02 PM Zev
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 3
So what is the best way to lose weight quickly? Do you simply "starve yourself” by eating as little as possible? The answer depends on your long-term goals.

date : January 5, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.
date : October 7, 2008
author : trvw
Q&A with a triathlete who decided to compete last minute while vacationing overseas in Croatia.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : February 18, 2008
author : mrakes1
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.

date : August 7, 2007
What would cause my foot to fall asleep after running about 3 miles and then have a numb spot on the top of my instep?
date : July 9, 2007
author : sportfactory
While training on a stationary bike could never fully substitute time on the road, there are many workouts you can perform to work on a piece of your cycling.

date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.