General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inside Out Sports White Lake International : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-28 1:22 PM
in reply to: Tparkin

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Inside Out Sports White Lake International : Official Thread
Originally posted by Tparkin

Originally posted by keyone

Nice work everyone! I was there volunteering at the end of the pier, telling athletes to "watch your step around the corner" and "the hard part's over" and "looking strong". It was pretty cool to volunteer, and I saw every single athlete that day and cheered you all on! Lots of folks thanked me, and even some of the uber fast - first out of the water - athletes took a second between hard breaths to say thanks. I cheered hardest for last guy out of the water. He had swum for 1:20, so in truth, had worked the hardest.

Two of my daugthers did Dash for Divas. That is a great race for female beginners. All in All, I love White Lake for a race spot!

As the others said, thank you for volunteering and supporting. It was a good race day for sure! I am guilty of getting wound up and in my own head to a point that I either tune out everything around me or everything ends up sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher. I'm working on that...totally try to remind myself to thank as many volunteers as possible, but I often get tunnel vision ;/ Thanks again!

You're very welcome! Haha, no worries about being zoned out. I've been in that state of mind myself. It was super fun seeing the race from that viewpoint. And alot less painful too

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Inside Out Sports White Lake International : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Inside-Out Sports Olympic Triathlon at BeaverDam : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by fgump
Views: 6015 Posts: 56

2013-04-21 5:08 PM louiskie

Inside Out Sports White Lake International : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by d00d
Views: 5039 Posts: 42

2012-09-10 4:30 PM japarker24

White Lake Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by MJacaruso
Views: 3310 Posts: 16

2012-09-08 7:40 PM japarker24

Belews Lake International Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by dandr614
Views: 5500 Posts: 41

2012-04-16 9:30 PM kenbert61

White Lake Sprint Triathlon I : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3

Started by blynott
Views: 6689 Posts: 57

2011-05-08 8:57 PM japarker24
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 20, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Recurrent injuries to the groin are slow to heal, easily re-injured, and will frustrate your training and competition plans. Learn about the diagnosis, anatomy and treatment of sports hernias.

date : January 26, 2012
author : dantheman1123
comments : 1
My first triathlon was at age 56. At first I was just the cameraman at my daughter's first triathlon, then I am doing the races that she has done.
date : September 15, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
While adequate protein is important in your sports diet, protein should take its place as the accompaniment to carbs (grains, fruits, vegetables) in each meal and snack.

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
comments : 2
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : October 2, 2005
author : AMSSM
Knowing where the fluids are, how they will fit on your bike, how much to reach for, and when to reach for it should be understood prior to ever setting foot on the course.

date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
Triathlons - Not an Ordinary Workout