REVOLUTION3 Triathlon
62F / 17C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 19m 31s
Overall Rank = 2/3
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up at 6am, bananas and granola bar for breakfast. Due to a running injury, signed up for the AquaBike division. I arrived relatively late, and it was still easy parking in 2 huge parking lots by swim / finish venues, less than a block walk. Goal is just a very relaxed effort today.
Event warmup:

Day before: Swam the course, listened to Cameron Dye at the swim clinic, drove the bike route. Chatted with people.
Day of: None. Warm up swim ended at 645am, but my approximate start time is 830, so didn't think it paid. Did some stretching and push ups. Checked out the sweet bikes in the pro division.
Swim
  • 40m 53s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 44s / 100 meters
Comments:

Time trial start in pairs. They got all the swimmers in the water quickly, and the field had a nice spread to it. Slow and easy swim. Stayed in my stroke the whole way, sighted well, and was very relaxed. Got some solid OWS in this summer, feeling very comfortable in open water.
What would you do differently?:

Need to learn bilateral breathing this winter. What left-breather is making all of these courses? For my race goals, was happy. Still 5-8 minutes behind what I expected, got a little too relaxed, was not breathing hard when I exited.

Transition 1
  • 04m
Comments:

Longer uphill run from the swim venue to transition (.2 mile), great crowd at the indoor stadium seating venue.
Bike
  • 1h 34m 9s
  • 24.8 miles
  • 15.73 mile/hr
Comments:

Rained the whole way and rained hard in spots. Went very cautiously around the course, especially on curves and downhills. Want to go back and ride it on a clear day.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Done
Run
  • 00m
  • 10 kms
  •  min/km
Comments:

I was in the aquabike division and technically finished. Ran out on the run course for a little bit to see how the leg was feeling. Looped back, ran through the finish chute. Thanks for offering the aquabike option! Kept me from going crazy!
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched. Cheered for people. For each finisher, their name, picture, and home town show up on the "Jumbotron" as they come down the chute. A lot of out of state racers.

Went to the food tent and grabbed a bratwurst and some cookies.

Event comments:

Bike, run, or steal a car to make it to a Rev3 event. Thought it was great. Swim is timetrial start in a sheltered inlet with good visibility, starts at an indoor stadium, with a lot of spectators and PA announcer. Bike is fun and medium-challenging. Very organized, good swag, fun medals, tons of volunteers. Easy parking very close to transition. Family friendly venue with lots of waterparks and activities nearby. Well worth the $$. Will be back next year.

Last updated: 2013-08-14 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:40:53 | 1500 meters | 02m 44s / 100meters
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 3/3
Performance: Average
Suit: Xterra Vortex Sleevless
Course: Time trial start, 2 at a time at short intervals. Counterclockwise swim in Lake Delton (Tommy Bartlett show area), in a skinny rectangle. Calm water in a very sheltered inlet. Good buoy line to follow. Visibility in the water was good, about a foot beyond an extended arm.
Start type: Wade Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 75F / 24C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 04:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:34:09 | 24.8 miles | 15.73 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/3
Wind: Some
Course: No huge climbs, but some sneaky long hills, especially the first few miles out of T1. Lots of minor elevation changes and sweeping curves. Fun, medium-challenging course. Merge back in with half ironman group at approximately our mile 20, their mile 50.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 10 kms |  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/3
Performance:
Course: Hilly
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2013-08-15 10:30 AM

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Subject: Rev3 Wisconsin - Olympic Rev

2013-08-15 10:41 AM
in reply to: #4829861

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Rev3 Wisconsin - Olympic Rev
Nice report. I was there for the Oly, and it was a blast. Lots of kids, dogs, families - plus it's in the Dells, so fudge and duck rides!

Glad you had a good race.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rev3 Wisconsin - Olympic Rev Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rev3 Wisconsin - Olympic Rev

Started by southwestmba
Views: 1227 Posts: 1

2012-08-16 12:55 AM southwestmba

Rev3 Wisconsin - Half Rev

Started by SEwantstobeFe
Views: 1420 Posts: 2

2012-08-17 2:54 PM scuff

Started by ccowdy
Views: 1045 Posts: 1

2012-08-13 9:27 PM ccowdy

Started by krissster
Views: 1232 Posts: 1

2012-08-13 6:32 PM krissster

Started by brigby1
Views: 1696 Posts: 2

2012-08-17 2:47 PM scuff
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 5, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
We interview Rev3 race director Eric Opdyke. Eric is going to bravely face the series of questions we’ll be asking several race directors this year.

date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race
date : March 30, 2011
author : mikeinlaguna
comments : 6
I was in the moment, living a dream and on top of the whole world! Honestly, I wish everyone could experience that feeling because it truly cannot be described.

date : November 16, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Should I remove the PD Jammers bars and ride it as is, set-up for riding in the drops and hoods? Should I run my Easton Orion II wheels or my Hed Jet60 C2's for IMWI?
date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.

date : June 11, 2007
author : TriDDS
If you would have told me that I would want to train over ten hours a week for a race that can last up to 17 hours, I would have laughed. But somehow, my ACL injury has refocused my outlook on life.
date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?

date : December 13, 2004
author : trilover
comments : 1
TriLover recently had the opportunity to interview Tim and Nicole. Read what the DeBooms had to say about triathlon, their support for each other and life.