General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My First Tri is coming up - Sept 7th Lake Stevens Olympic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-15 6:48 PM

User image

Subject: My First Tri is coming up - Sept 7th Lake Stevens Olympic
Just posting to share (for what little that's worth). After a lot of back and forth, work issues and life/health issues I have officially signed up for the Lake Stevens Olympic (and the Black Diamond Olympic in Enumclaw on 9/15/13) as my first tri. I am feeling excited but nervous. Looking at previous rankings I will finish bottom of the pack; in fact damn near last But that's ok I just want to finish this year.

I've mostly been a lurker but just wanted to say thanks to beginnertriathlete.com and the forum members for all the incredibly useful information, Q&A's and time. I started this planning to just buy some running shoes and a wetsuit, ended up spending a bit more than that... Joined USAT today, signed up for two tris today, and am about to going run 5k.

Life is good

2013-08-16 3:25 PM
in reply to: Vejita-sama

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: My First Tri is coming up - Sept 7th Lake Stevens Olympic

Awesome!

Have a great time and let us know how it goes!

2013-08-16 6:57 PM
in reply to: Vejita-sama

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: My First Tri is coming up - Sept 7th Lake Stevens Olympic
Lake Stevens is a BuDu event, and they're always really well-run. I've known the people who own/run BuDu (used to bike race with the husband many years ago), and they're good people who really care about their events. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » My First Tri is coming up - Sept 7th Lake Stevens Olympic Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lake Stevens Tri

Started by itritoo
Views: 966 Posts: 7

2012-09-10 12:54 PM bluetractor

Lake Stevens Tri - 9/10

Started by itritoo
Views: 1059 Posts: 2

2011-09-09 11:42 AM bluetractor

Lake Stevens Olympic

Started by itritoo
Views: 1280 Posts: 5

2010-08-27 2:09 AM Quantum

Lake Stevens 70.3

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1098 Posts: 1

2007-04-08 9:10 AM BellinghamSpence

Lake Stevens 70.3

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1568 Posts: 6

2006-07-27 11:30 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2012
author : dilletaunt
comments : 5
Another year, another excuse in missing the Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens triathlon.

date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?
date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?

date : August 5, 2009
author : pdxbiker
comments : 2
With my new triathlon goal set, I had to find a pool, set a schedule, ramp up the cycling, and keep up the running.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
comments : 2
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.