General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Podcast Recommendations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-19 11:13 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Running Podcast Recommendations
As the title states, that is what I am looking for. More specifically something that mimics the "Couch to 5k" podcast. It is set up with cues in the music that told you when to run/walk. I am looking for something that has intervals built into the music. I do not run with a watch of any sort, so I can set up a tone or beep or anything that says, kick it up, ok slow it back down. I don't really care what type of music is playing.

Currently I am running 4 days a week. My speed has sort of tapered off and my understanding is that interval training will help with this. Any and all recommendations will be welcomed.

2013-08-19 11:21 AM
in reply to: isyphoto

User image

Subject: RE: Running Podcast Recommendations
Originally posted by isyphoto

As the title states, that is what I am looking for. More specifically something that mimics the "Couch to 5k" podcast. It is set up with cues in the music that told you when to run/walk. I am looking for something that has intervals built into the music. I do not run with a watch of any sort, so I can set up a tone or beep or anything that says, kick it up, ok slow it back down. I don't really care what type of music is playing.

Currently I am running 4 days a week. My speed has sort of tapered off and my understanding is that interval training will help with this. Any and all recommendations will be welcomed.

I don't listen to music when I run - but could you do a combo music/interval timer? I just use a generic interval one that I downloaded from the app store (I can tfind the name if needed) - it does a vibrate for the one interval and then like an alarm for the second - you can customize it whatever interval you want (right now i'm doing 3 min run, 1 min walk)
2013-08-19 3:31 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Originally posted by austhokie
I don't listen to music when I run - but could you do a combo music/interval timer? I just use a generic interval one that I downloaded from the app store (I can tfind the name if needed) - it does a vibrate for the one interval and then like an alarm for the second - you can customize it whatever interval you want (right now i'm doing 3 min run, 1 min walk)

I think this is probably your best bet. Have that running with whatever podcast/music you choose.

Originally thought this was for suggestions of a talk show/podcast, so I'm going to throw in my unsolicited plug for the Adam Carolla Show.
2013-08-19 4:34 PM
in reply to: isyphoto

User image

Elite
Check out Podrunner.com--great app! Podrunner shift is awesome--has bpms built specifically for intervals, plus the app lets you shift bpms on the fly if you need slower/faster bpm. It's awesome.
2013-08-21 7:40 AM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Regular
Originally posted by ingleshteechur

Check out Podrunner.com--great app! Podrunner shift is awesome--has bpms built specifically for intervals, plus the app lets you shift bpms on the fly if you need slower/faster bpm. It's awesome.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Podcast Recommendations Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Yoga recommendations (DVDs, podcasts, etc...)

Started by ApplePie
Views: 1713 Posts: 9

2013-07-05 7:57 PM spearit

Any podcast/ Itunes download recommendations?

Started by FELTGood
Views: 746 Posts: 7

2012-09-13 6:33 PM itsallrelative_Maine

Tri Podcast Recommendations

Started by misha1809
Views: 758 Posts: 6

2012-06-11 12:36 PM Ubear97

Podcast recommendations?

Started by FELTGood
Views: 768 Posts: 7

2012-01-13 5:14 PM cjj

Tri Podcast Recommendations?

Started by duder5189
Views: 690 Posts: 7

2011-07-28 8:44 PM Hook'em
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 22, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.

date : November 24, 2006
author : TriathlonRadio
Interview with Elizabeth, who overcame a lot of physical setbacks to become a triathlete.
date : October 2, 2006
Listen to this episode where we talk to DerekL and Tri it cajun style

date : September 5, 2006
In this episode we talk to gocorey from the BT.com forums. He talks about High School training and some amazing wins.
date : August 22, 2006
In this episode we talk to Coach Joel from the BT.com forums. He talks about recovering after a bike crash and coaching.

date : August 1, 2006
comments : 2
In this first BT podcast, we interview JeepFleeb on his start into triathlons, powercranks and his weightloss journey.
date : June 27, 2006
author : Ron
Motivational and inspirational interviews of BT members beginning July 2nd, 2006

date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.