Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any one from the Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket areas? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2013-08-21 10:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Subject: Any one from the Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket areas?
Greetings,

I am not new to BT but was away for a long time after a 2.5 years retirement from triathlons. I am very slowly getting back into the grove of things as I haven't done any biking or running during that period of time but kept up with swimming and have been doing Crossfit for a while now. I am planning to do Ironman #2 (Chattanooga) in September 2016, the year of my 50th birthday.

That being said, I am looking for an indoor cycling facility in the York Region for when the colder days arrive. My areas of choice are Richmond Hill, Aurora and Newmarket but I would also consider Markham as a last option. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by NatBosse 2013-08-21 10:36 PM

2013-08-22 8:44 PM
in reply to: NatBosse

Subject: RE: Any one from the Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket areas?
Hey NatBosse.
A new triathlon club (Mettle Multisport) has started primarily in Richmond Hill and Thornhill. Track work at Bayview and Elgin Mills. Rides at Richmond Green and brick workouts at Lake Wilcox. Not sure what/where the winter ride/swim program will be but guessing in Richmond Hill or Thornhill.

https://www.facebook.com/MettleMultisport

There is also a great spin studio at Bathurst and Centre St. if that isn't too south for you.

Cheers,
Neil
2013-08-22 9:46 PM
in reply to: ngrunberg

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Originally posted by ngrunberg

Hey NatBosse.
A new triathlon club (Mettle Multisport) has started primarily in Richmond Hill and Thornhill. Track work at Bayview and Elgin Mills. Rides at Richmond Green and brick workouts at Lake Wilcox. Not sure what/where the winter ride/swim program will be but guessing in Richmond Hill or Thornhill.

https://www.facebook.com/MettleMultisport

There is also a great spin studio at Bathurst and Centre St. if that isn't too south for you.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a look at their page on Facebook!

Nathalie
2013-08-23 4:20 PM

Master
Kitchener

Originally posted by NatBosse
Originally posted by ngrunberg Hey NatBosse. A new triathlon club (Mettle Multisport) has started primarily in Richmond Hill and Thornhill. Track work at Bayview and Elgin Mills. Rides at Richmond Green and brick workouts at Lake Wilcox. Not sure what/where the winter ride/swim program will be but guessing in Richmond Hill or Thornhill. https://www.facebook.com/MettleMultisportThere is also a great spin studio at Bathurst and Centre St. if that isn't too south for you. Cheers, Neil
Hi Neil, Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a look at their page on Facebook! Nathalie

Welcome back Nathalie, 

I know the coach of Mettle Multisport and would highly recommend you give it a try.   She is an accomplished triathlete and a good teacher.    I would be there in a minute if I lived closer.   

Best of luck on your training 

Anne

2013-08-23 9:23 PM
in reply to: latestarter

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Originally posted by latestarter

Originally posted by ngrunberg Hey NatBosse. A new triathlon club (Mettle Multisport) has started primarily in Richmond Hill and Thornhill. Track work at Bayview and Elgin Mills. Rides at Richmond Green and brick workouts at Lake Wilcox. Not sure what/where the winter ride/swim program will be but guessing in Richmond Hill or Thornhill. https://www.facebook.com/MettleMultisportThere is also a great spin studio at Bathurst and Centre St. if that isn't too south for you. Cheers, Neil
Hi Neil, Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a look at their page on Facebook! Nathalie

Welcome back Nathalie, 

I know the coach of Mettle Multisport and would highly recommend you give it a try.   She is an accomplished triathlete and a good teacher.    I would be there in a minute if I lived closer.   

Anne

Hi Anne, so good to hear from you again! I hope you and Ken are doing well.

Thank you both for the recommendation Neil and Anne! I am seriously considering signing up with Mettle Multisport. I already swim with the Richmond Hill Masters and I am pretty sure that there are a few members who have already (I saw a couple of their names on their FB page).

I really appreciate your help!

Nathalie

2013-08-24 5:04 AM

Master
Kitchener

Welcome back Nathalie, 

Anne

Hi Anne, so good to hear from you again! I hope you and Ken are doing well. Thank you both for the recommendation Neil and Anne! I am seriously considering signing up with Mettle Multisport. I already swim with the Richmond Hill Masters and I am pretty sure that there are a few members who have already (I saw a couple of their names on their FB page). I really appreciate your help! Nathalie

It IS you!    Wasn't 100% sure.   Hope you are keeping well and hope to meet up again next season.   We are off to the UK for a couple of months to race at World's in London and then a 320km hike from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, followed by 3 weeks of RV'ing.   Have added you back as a friend.    Have a wonderful weekend.  

2013-08-24 8:13 AM
in reply to: latestarter

User image

Extreme Veteran
Richmond Hill, Ontario

It IS you!    Wasn't 100% sure.   Hope you are keeping well and hope to meet up again next season.   We are off to the UK for a couple of months to race at World's in London and then a 320km hike from the Irish Sea to the North Sea, followed by 3 weeks of RV'ing.   Have added you back as a friend.    Have a wonderful weekend.  

Yes Anne, it IS me!

I am on the path to recovery and have been feeling much better than the past couple of years. Still a long road ahead but I'm on the right track and that is all that matters to me for now. I am only planning two races next year, one early sprint and a late olympic. I sure hope we will see each other but that will depend on what will be available calendar wise.

What an amazing trip you have lined up! I love the Worlds part but the hike just sounds fantastic. Congratulations (to both?) for your World Championship qualification and have a blast! I look forward to read about your adventures in your blog.

And thanks for adding me back!

Nathalie
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Any one from the Richmond Hill, Aurora, Newmarket areas? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Recommend a good chiro in Newmarket?

Started by marvintpa
Views: 1068 Posts: 3

2012-10-10 3:29 PM marvintpa

Tri club near Newmarket?

Started by marvintpa
Views: 1803 Posts: 1

2009-06-15 12:58 PM marvintpa

Good bike mechanics in Richmond Hill / surrounding areas

Started by patricia7
Views: 930 Posts: 2

2009-05-30 10:14 AM kentiger

Looking for hills with 6%-8% grade

Started by latestarter
Views: 1001 Posts: 6

2008-05-07 10:07 AM Bopper

Wilcox Lake-Richmond Hill

Started by bill0021
Views: 1861 Posts: 4

2007-06-13 1:18 PM geoffs
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : December 20, 2007
I struggled on the bike while climbing the hill portions of the course. I do fine on long straight rides but really have a tough time while hill climbing. Any advice or training tips?

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
A few trathletes at a local race setup their transition area.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
The transition area gets busy real fast!
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
comments : 1
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.