General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pardon me boys.....Chattanooga Choo-Choo IM? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

Pardon me boys.....Chattanooga Choo-Choo IM?
OptionResults
I will sign up on Sept 429 Votes - [49.15%]
No interest in this race11 Votes - [18.64%]
Not next year but maybe later19 Votes - [32.2%]

2013-08-29 6:27 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Pardon me boys.....Chattanooga Choo-Choo IM?
I really need to wait and see how I feel after the double in October. :-( Racing and traveling for the race is expensive. San Diego living is NOT cheap!

2013-08-29 7:31 AM
in reply to: amymengel

User image

Veteran
St. Louis
Originally posted by amymengel

If I still lived in Cincinnati, I would be in for sure. More time and expense traveling from San Diego. It looks like a great race. Wish I could join!! I promised myself I will not register for anything until after the double iron is completed in October. I know I want to do one more iron next year (number 10), but not sure which one. I can always get in a non-Mdot iron distance race for less money and not a year ahead registration.

All my Louisville BT friends are doing this one.........so tempted!!!!!!

Amy, number 10 needs to be a good one! Don't wait and sign up for a non-Mdot race... you should do the inaugural Chattanooga race with your original IM buddies! You already know you want to do an Ironman next year... might as well plan it out now It will be a great anniversary race!
2013-08-29 8:34 AM
in reply to: maura9900

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by maura9900

Originally posted by amymengel

If I still lived in Cincinnati, I would be in for sure. More time and expense traveling from San Diego. It looks like a great race. Wish I could join!! I promised myself I will not register for anything until after the double iron is completed in October. I know I want to do one more iron next year (number 10), but not sure which one. I can always get in a non-Mdot iron distance race for less money and not a year ahead registration.

All my Louisville BT friends are doing this one.........so tempted!!!!!!

Amy, number 10 needs to be a good one! Don't wait and sign up for a non-Mdot race... you should do the inaugural Chattanooga race with your original IM buddies! You already know you want to do an Ironman next year... might as well plan it out now It will be a great anniversary race!

X2!!!
2013-08-29 2:54 PM

User image

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Since the transition area is 15 minutes from my doorstep, I'm all in!
2013-08-29 5:16 PM
in reply to: jbholcom

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

I'm two hours down river.   What's not to like?    My local conditions are not much different from the course.

2013-08-29 8:39 PM
in reply to: MadMathemagician

User image

Regular
Since I live in Chattanooga I will sign up. Have ridden part of the bike course and has a Louisville feel to it. Chattanooga hosts some really great sports events and the triathlons here are a lot of fun, well supported. There is a lot of chatter about this race throughout town already...a ton of excitement.

2013-08-29 9:23 PM
in reply to: Guest

Lake St. Louis
Wetsuit legal?
2013-08-30 8:19 AM
in reply to: martingk

User image

Regular
Hard to say if wetsuit legal. It will be right on border, just like Augusta. Last time I did Augusta 2 yr ago it was wetsuit legal. Same weekend and all. Guess it depends on how hot the summer is before / rain etc. Not as much current as in Augusta though.
2013-08-30 9:51 AM
in reply to: hornjs

User image

Originally posted by hornjsIt will be right on border, just like Augusta. Last time I did Augusta 2 yr ago it was wetsuit legal. Same weekend and all. Guess it depends on how hot the summer is before / rain etc. Not as much current as in Augusta though.

Augusta was wetsuit legal last year as well. The announced water temp was 76 degrees. The buzz was that it was a little over, but they officially announced it as 76.0 degrees. Hopefully they do the same in Chattanooga!
2013-08-30 9:59 AM
in reply to: Runner Rick

User image

Expert
Wilmington, NC
Originally posted by Runner Rick

Originally posted by hornjsIt will be right on border, just like Augusta. Last time I did Augusta 2 yr ago it was wetsuit legal. Same weekend and all. Guess it depends on how hot the summer is before / rain etc. Not as much current as in Augusta though.

Augusta was wetsuit legal last year as well. The announced water temp was 76 degrees. The buzz was that it was a little over, but they officially announced it as 76.0 degrees. Hopefully they do the same in Chattanooga!

Rick you going to do Chattanooga in 2014?
2013-08-30 10:17 AM
in reply to: martingk

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by martingk

Wetsuit legal?

Probably won't know till race day. If it is 'borderline' I won't wear one regardless of legality. I love swimming in cool water.

2013-08-30 11:36 AM

User image

I have IM Wisconsin in one week. That will be my first race at that distance. I will decide after the race if I ever want to do another one again. The training has been fun, but the race itself might be an entirely different story.
I want to do IM Mont Tremblant, IM Whistler or IM Chattanooga. I will see which one still has registration open after my race.
2013-08-30 12:39 PM
in reply to: DeVinci13

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by DeVinci13

I have IM Wisconsin in one week. That will be my first race at that distance. I will decide after the race if I ever want to do another one again. The training has been fun, but the race itself might be an entirely different story.
I want to do IM Mont Tremblant, IM Whistler or IM Chattanooga. I will see which one still has registration open after my race.

The race is going to be what you make it. Decide going in that you are going to have fun and enjoy the day regardless of what happens. Training is the hard part....and making to the starting line is 95% of the battle. The race is when you get to have fun and enjoy what you have been working for the last several months.

Smile and talk to people and thank the volunteers. Tell the spectators "You guys look great!!" before they (lie to) you that you are looking good.

Think about all those long, solo swims, rides and runs and then think how cool it is to be s/b/r with 2,000 kidred spirites that share your love of s/b/r.
2013-08-30 12:44 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to have all the necessary information entered before the time the registration officially opens? 

Or will it be a matter of how quickly I can type in all my answers and my credit card info? 

2013-08-30 1:13 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

This may be a silly question, but is there a way to have all the necessary information entered before the time the registration officially opens? 

Or will it be a matter of how quickly I can type in all my answers and my credit card info? 

Not a silly question at all. I was wonding along those lines too. I'm pretty sure you need an Active.com account. I have one but don't know my password.

I just went to one of the m-dot race sites that is open for registrion and the 2nd question prompts for Active account.
2013-08-30 2:24 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Not a silly question at all. I was wondering along those lines too. I'm pretty sure you need an Active.com account. I have one but don't know my password. I just went to one of the m-dot race sites that is open for registration and the 2nd question prompts for Active account.

Ha!  I just did that exact same thing - and found out that I've got an Active account, re-set my password to something that I'll hopefully remember... but I don't see anywhere in there where you can create the entire profile prior to registering for a M-Dot race. 

Anyone who's done this before care to chime in to help us newbies?? 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pardon me boys.....Chattanooga Choo-Choo IM? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

First IM - IM Mont Tremblant or IM Florida?

Started by firemedic001918
Views: 2547 Posts: 11

2014-07-28 10:47 AM KSH

1st IM vs. 2nd IM

Started by jamesehatcher
Views: 1800 Posts: 19

2009-02-17 11:16 AM Micawber

pardon my rant

Started by lorabby
Views: 1494 Posts: 9

2008-01-17 3:14 PM SpiritFire

IM Goal to Half IM

Started by rlaffey
Views: 999 Posts: 7

2006-02-20 11:02 AM tela_g

Water Conditions at Tempe Town Lake - Home of IM AZ and SOMA 1/2 IM

Started by SwmBkRn
Views: 2650 Posts: 2

2004-10-22 6:55 PM SwmBkRn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 10, 2008
author : peteo
comments : 0
Training for a Tri!!! I get to treat my body as if it were a field mule while my wife runs circles around me and splashes water up my nose at the pool. Whoohoo give me some more!!

date : May 11, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.
date : September 3, 2005
author : trad_it
Now, for the last 20 years I’ve always though that jogging seemed about as interesting as watching paint dry, and you know what? That’s how it turned out to be.

date : July 31, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I’m a 240lb man, and I run relatively long distances. How would you recommend training for marathon and IM distances as heavy as I am?
date : July 31, 2005
author : chrisandniki
A Navy Seals program modified specifically for triathletes. This workout is DIFFICULT!!! The weight training portion alone may make you cry.

date : July 5, 2005
author : dara
It makes no sense to train hard for a year to hone that aerobic system only to have all that training undermined by a few anaerobic bursts on race day. So, how do you go about it?
date : February 16, 2005
author : trilover
comments : 1
Byrn won’t hold your hand through the long hours and miles required finishing or for success in an IM, he can only show you how to get there. The work is up to you.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.