General Discussion Triathlon Talk » If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-13 2:31 PM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Veteran
Grapevine, TX
Subject: RE: If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose?
Originally posted by RedCorvette

If money was truly no issue, then I would be talking to one of the Formula One race teams to design and build something from the ground up.  Might hire some former NASA engineers as consultants.  Would have them work with one of the tire companies to make a custom tire to work with the bike design.  All that would be followed by hours in a wind tunnel working on fit, helmet design, clothing, etc.

If I had to keep the budget to something less than seven or eight figures, then I'd probably settle for a Cannondale Slice RS.

Mark

We have a winner! Now that's thinking out of the box. (Not the Cannondale thought).

2013-09-13 4:02 PM
in reply to: Morpheus

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Here ya all go, clean up the drool when you're done:

[url] http://www.trismarter.com/gear/11-triathlon-bikes-you-probably-cant...

Do notice that the Cervelo is the low end bike here...
2013-09-15 10:13 AM
in reply to: rizz923

User image

The 951
Illicito built up with Campy and HED wheels.
2013-09-15 11:12 PM
in reply to: BikesOfALesserGod

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ajo
The Felt is sexy, but I'd get the setup that works the best for me in the tunnel and proven on the course. Most bikes will perform similarly.
2013-09-16 12:31 AM
in reply to: FranzZemen

User image

Master
Beijing
Originally posted by FranzZemen
Originally posted by RedCorvette

If money was truly no issue, then I would be talking to one of the Formula One race teams to design and build something from the ground up.  Might hire some former NASA engineers as consultants.  Would have them work with one of the tire companies to make a custom tire to work with the bike design.  All that would be followed by hours in a wind tunnel working on fit, helmet design, clothing, etc.

If I had to keep the budget to something less than seven or eight figures, then I'd probably settle for a Cannondale Slice RS.

Mark

We have a winner! Now that's thinking out of the box. (Not the Cannondale thought).

Maybe.  the bike companies have all of this research and data already. They use it to make a bike that is a series of compromises between cost and effectiveness given a wide set of riders.

I would just go to a bike company and say "Build me a completely custom version of your best bike" or something to that effect.  As long as money is no object, bike companies would happily undertake this endeavor.  You can probably still clear the deal for less than 6 figures, too.

2014-04-16 11:09 AM
in reply to: 0

Hi, if any of you are interested, I listed my NEW (unregistered) 2013 Cannondale RS Black 56 cm is for sale (NEVER RIDDEN. I didn't even install pedals).

Reason for selling: After Guru and Retul fit the bike geometries do not fit me.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by Stgonc 2014-04-16 11:16 AM

2014-04-16 2:35 PM
in reply to: rizz923

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

If I actually had to BUY a TT bike from some one else, rather than making my own (which I'll do in the next year or so), it'd be a custom Rob English:

2014-04-16 2:39 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

over a barrier
If I could get w/ 700 wheels a Cheetah.
2014-04-17 8:54 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

If money were no object at all, absolutely x whatever on the Rob English. Had a chance to meet Rob a couple of years ago and see a few of his bikes up close. I would buy one not necessarily to ride, but just to support his work - his bikes really make me very happy. If money were ALMOST no object, then yeah - I would just get one of these:

Rusty's Felt IA FRD LTD

2014-04-17 9:57 AM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Bianchi Pico Crono Frameset built up with Campagnolo Super Record EPS/Bora Ultra parts and Zipp wheels.

Why not something more "aero"?  I'm not fast enough to squeeze the extra couple watts out that would make a difference and Celeste Green triggers a visceral,  emotional response.

2014-04-17 4:11 PM
in reply to: RussTKD

User image

Veteran
Morgan Hill, California
A red one, cuz they are fastest!

I like the looks of the Felt IRD, also like the looks of the new Quintana Roo PR6.

In either case, with Di2 and a stable of Zipps to use depending on wind/weather.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

If money were not an issue, which TT bike would you choose?

Started by rizz923
Views: 1065 Posts: 3

2013-09-12 2:47 PM badmo77a

The I am not taking my bike to my LSB again Tread

Started by tvmendoza
Views: 3054 Posts: 24

2012-10-14 9:35 PM jobaxas

Climbing issue on TT bike

Started by jlefko1824
Views: 4073 Posts: 15

2010-03-07 11:00 PM golfer17

Bike Trainer Issue...Maybe Not

Started by pitbullzz
Views: 790 Posts: 5

2010-03-01 2:13 AM tri808

Yet another "Help me choose a Tri/TT bike thread"

Started by JZig
Views: 1873 Posts: 17

2009-06-26 1:30 AM agarose2000
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?
date : June 16, 2008
author : AMSSM
What are all these new funny-shaped saddles all about? Are they more comfortable than older designs? Will they keep me healthier so I can train on my bike longer? Should I change my saddle?

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Coach AJ
So when it comes to triathlon, the largest investment we make, in both terms, comes in the bike. Looking at ways to get faster, while considering a budget, is a bind for most triathletes.