Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Lakeside Sprint Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-13 9:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Kitchener
Subject: Lakeside Sprint
A big hello and best wishes to folks doing the Lakeside Sprint and Du on Saturday... I'll be marshalling on the bike course at Road 92 & 31st line as you towards and away from the turnaround. Have a great race! I can't wait to see it from the 'standing still' side of a race :D

--Erica

2013-09-13 11:22 AM
in reply to: pilot_e

Veteran
London, Ontario
Subject: RE: Lakeside Sprint
Erica,

Thank you so much for volunteering. I think more athletes would appreciate what goes into a race if they volunteered. Not to mention that we really appreciate it.

Neil, who is also a BT poster, has volunteered with us in Huronia and loved the experience.
2013-09-16 10:47 AM

User image

Oakville
Hi Erica,

A grateful thank you from one of the Sprint racers on Saturday - I assume that was you at the corner of 92 and 31st line shaking the cowbell(?).

My wife volunteered at the Bala Falls triathlon earlier in the summer and said it was a great experience.

I intend to give back to the MSC race series next year and volunteer at a few venues.

Scott
2013-09-16 1:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Kitchener
Thanks Scott, yes that was me. It was so amazing to participate in the race from that perspective... from the folks at the FOP to the folks at the BOP, watching everyone's determination and efforts was inspiring! So many smiles from athletes totally made it worthwhile. The fact that the weather was perfect didn't hurt either! Hope it was a great race for you.

I won't hesitate to sign up to volunteer at another race next year. It was a fun way to keep up the race momentum of the summer even after my own personal racing budget was used up for the year. I really appreciated getting to soak up the energy of the day without having to focus on my own race. Incredible athletes at all levels. And it was so great to be able to chat with a number of athlete supporters looking/watching/waiting for their athlete and gain insight into that side of things. Makes me appreciate my own "sherpa" so much more! :D MSC was a great organization to work with! Don't hesitate to help out with a race going forward.

Edited by pilot_e 2013-09-16 1:36 PM
2013-09-18 6:22 AM

Veteran
London, Ontario
Erica,

A very big thank you to you and all of the volunteers this year! The reality is that races like ours cannot provide a complete race experience without you. It is one of the reasons we try and treat you well. We appreciate your support and kind words.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Lakeside Sprint Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Lakeside sprint results

Started by carriecook
Views: 1273 Posts: 5

2010-09-24 11:40 AM dermoski

Lakeside II

Started by dermoski
Views: 2132 Posts: 24

2009-09-24 11:10 PM Jyles16

June 6/7 Lakeside

Started by kentiger
Views: 1515 Posts: 20

2009-06-05 8:30 PM latestarter

Anyone doing Lakeside II?

Started by tristar1
Views: 1827 Posts: 25

2008-09-20 8:58 PM ElaKuz

Lakeside this weekend?

Started by newbie13
Views: 890 Posts: 7

2007-06-14 10:53 AM Robb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
comments : 0
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : February 12, 2008
author : mikericci
This plan is designed to make you go faster. 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work. The maximum volume is around 10 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.

date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!
date : September 5, 2006
author : mikericci
If you haven’t done any bricks yet, this isn’t the time to start piling them on, but here are some examples you could do in the lead up to your race.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Since your “A” race is your marathon, which you stated in your question, this should be your main focus. I encourage you to taper a bit for the sprint distance triathlon.
date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
Since I didn't have much time and since it's a super sprint, am I OK just go to at the training relatively hard through Thursday or even Friday?

date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
Couch-to-sprint triathlon training programs to get you over the finish-line of your first triathlon.