Sometimes (1-2 times / month)89 Votes - [51.15%]
Regularly (1 / week)23 Votes - [13.22%]
Very Often (2+ times / week)7 Votes - [4.02%]
Couldn't live without it.2 Votes - [1.15%]

2013-09-14 4:28 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: Fast food
McDonald's is one of my vices. I let myself indulge once every other week or so, and only after a good long run.

Junk food on its own doesn't cause you to get overweight, but it is engineered to be addictive which can lead to overeating. It also contains a lot of salt (but I need that after a long run).

Edited by jennifer_runs 2013-09-14 4:31 PM

2013-09-14 4:31 PM
in reply to: LPJmom

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by LPJmom I voted Yuk! But I guess it depends on people's idea of what 'fast food' is. I consider Subway to be just as unhealthy as a McD burger. Its a super high processed meat product. Its like a hotdog, except they shape it into a 'turkey breast' or 'ham' and slice it. Its not even a real deli (but I'm biased having grown up in the NYC area with real delis on every block). I love ice cream sundays. I have 1 a month. Fries are so yummy. 4x a year. Pizza is so gooood, but it always makes me feel ill afterwards. I try not to eat it, but my kids love ordering it once a month. Sometimes I resist, but sometimes I can't. In terms of going to a 'fast-food-restaurant' never. I would seriously have to be starving to drive into McD. However, ask my Hubby and he goes 1 sometimes 2 times a week. Even after watching all those documentaries about what exactly goes into fast-food, he can't resist at all. He takes the kids about 3 times during the year as a treat too.

I'm curious about the bold part.  What do you base that on?  I often hear people make this sort of comment that appears to come from the perspective that anything other than fresh off the farm is deleterious to our health.  IMO, nutrition isn't that black and white.  It's more shades of grey.

BTW, the numbers appear to indicate a significant difference when comparing two common menu items of similar caloric value based on data from myfitnesspal.com...

Subway - 6" Chix Breast W/ Mustard & Veggies on Wheat - Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Sub

Calories310Sodium760 mg
Total Fat5 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated1 gTotal Carbs57 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber4 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars7 g
Trans0 gProtein23 g
Cholesterol25 mg  
Vitamin A15%Calcium23%
Vitamin C31%Iron19%

Mcdonald's - Cheese Burger Plain

Calories290Sodium590 mg
Total Fat12 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated6 gTotal Carbs30 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars5 g
Trans1 gProtein15 g
Cholesterol40 mg  
Vitamin A4%Calcium20%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%

The McDonald's option has 6x as much saturated fat, 60% more cholesterol, 1 gram of trans fat, 1/4 as much vitamin A, no vitamin C, and 25% less iron.  The Subway option has 20 more calories, 170 mg more sodium, and 2 grams more sugar.

Overall, the Subway option is the healthier choice by most standards, as it's basically the same calorically, lower in saturated fat, and much higher in essential micronutrients.

2013-09-14 5:19 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Veteran
Columbus, OH
Originally posted by popsracer

Oh dear, I fear I am in the minority here.  I just don't generally have time but to grab a burger.  Sometimes a sub, sometimes a McChicken, sometimes Chinese.  In an attempt to eat better I've broken a 20 year poptart addiction and replaced with a granola bar for breakfast.  Oh, and I started to take vitamins.

I'm with you in the minority. My husband and I get something out every day for supper because neither of us can stand cooking. For us it's usually pizza or Raising Canes. The rest of the day is spent snacking on pretzels, cereal, hummus, crackers, and cheese.
2013-09-15 5:05 AM
in reply to: csikes

User image

Extreme Veteran
Celiac disease = no fast food. Never!
2013-09-15 6:52 AM
in reply to: jarvy01

User image

I voted sometimes but that's only because fast food doesn't jive with my attempts to be healthy.  I love fast food.  Wendys, McDs, BK, White Castle, Subway...  I love the convenience, the cheap price, the taste.  In fact, this post has made me crave a 1/4-pounder with cheese and fries.  And no, I'm not being facetious.  However, I would never eat it frequently due to the negative health consequences.  I realize this opinion will be very unpopular here, but I've never been one to let popularity get in the way of my personal opinions; I'm kinda pigheaded like that.

2013-09-15 7:49 AM

User image

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by LPJmom I voted Yuk! But I guess it depends on people's idea of what 'fast food' is. I consider Subway to be just as unhealthy as a McD burger. Its a super high processed meat product. Its like a hotdog, except they shape it into a 'turkey breast' or 'ham' and slice it. Its not even a real deli (but I'm biased having grown up in the NYC area with real delis on every block). I love ice cream sundays. I have 1 a month. Fries are so yummy. 4x a year. Pizza is so gooood, but it always makes me feel ill afterwards. I try not to eat it, but my kids love ordering it once a month. Sometimes I resist, but sometimes I can't. In terms of going to a 'fast-food-restaurant' never. I would seriously have to be starving to drive into McD. However, ask my Hubby and he goes 1 sometimes 2 times a week. Even after watching all those documentaries about what exactly goes into fast-food, he can't resist at all. He takes the kids about 3 times during the year as a treat too.

I'm curious about the bold part.  What do you base that on?  I often hear people make this sort of comment that appears to come from the perspective that anything other than fresh off the farm is deleterious to our health.  IMO, nutrition isn't that black and white.  It's more shades of grey.

BTW, the numbers appear to indicate a significant difference when comparing two common menu items of similar caloric value based on data from myfitnesspal.com...

Subway - 6" Chix Breast W/ Mustard & Veggies on Wheat - Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Sub

Calories310Sodium760 mg
Trans0 gProtein23 g
Cholesterol25 mg  
Vitamin A15%Calcium23%
Vitamin C31%Iron19%

Calories290Sodium590 mg
Trans1 gProtein15 g
Cholesterol40 mg  
Vitamin A4%Calcium20%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%

The McDonald's option has 6x as much saturated fat, 60% more cholesterol, 1 gram of trans fat, 1/4 as much vitamin A, no vitamin C, and 25% less iron.  The Subway option has 20 more calories, 170 mg more sodium, and 2 grams more sugar.

Overall, the Subway option is the healthier choice by most standards, as it's basically the same calorically, lower in saturated fat, and much higher in essential micronutrients.

This is what you are comparing.... hamburger vs a chicken breast, really?

As I said I don't consider the subway deli meats any healthier then a burger. I never said a chicken breast on a bun. There are healthier options from all fast food places these days.

I don't believe all foods have to be organic or farm raised to be enjoyed. There are many proceeded foods that are perfectly fine to eat in moderation. Its a matter of over-processing that is not nessicary. Take pickles for example. Why do the mass producers put yellow dye in them, perservities, corn syrup etc etc etc ?. All you need is salt and spices to make an awesome pickle.

If you want to learn more the film, Food Inc was very interesting.

Edited by LPJmom 2013-09-15 8:10 AM

2013-09-15 8:43 AM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by LPJmom

Calories310Sodium760 mg
Trans0 gProtein23 g
Cholesterol25 mg  
Vitamin A15%Calcium23%
Vitamin C31%Iron19%

Calories290Sodium590 mg
Trans1 gProtein15 g
Cholesterol40 mg  
Vitamin A4%Calcium20%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%

This is what you are comparing.... hamburger vs a chicken breast, really? As I said I don't consider the subway deli meats any healthier then a burger. I never said a chicken breast on a bun. There are healthier options from all fast food places these days. I don't believe all foods have to be organic or farm raised to be enjoyed. There are many proceeded foods that are perfectly fine to eat in moderation. Its a matter of over-processing that is not nessicary. Take pickles for example. Why do the mass producers put yellow dye in them, perservities, corn syrup etc etc etc ?. All you need is salt and spices to make an awesome pickle. If you want to learn more the film, Food Inc was very interesting.

You said "I consider Subway to be just as unhealthy as a McD burger.", not "I don't consider the subway deli meats any healthier then a burger.", so I compared something I eat at least once a week from Subway to the McD burger.  BTW, I'm pretty sure the Subway "chicken breast" is a processed chicken meat patty made from chopped up chicken pressed together in a mold, and that's why the sodium is so high.  Given the choice between that, and an actual chicken breast filet, most would consider the filet the better option.

I actually agree with everything you're saying about avoiding over processing foods, and 90+% of my own diet is from whole foods prepared at home.  My point was that sweeping statements about X restaurant being just as bad as Y restaurant or that all foods in one category are bad while all foods in another are good are over generalizations, plus many opinions about what constitutes good or bad food choices are either misinformed or misguided.  Additionally, food choices can usually be viewed as a continuum ranging from "don't ever eat this" to "try to eat several servings every day" rather than just "good" and "bad" choices that fall on both sides of a line.

Take organic for example.  Are organic foods healthier than non-organic?  It depends on what criteria you're using.  Nutritionally, there usually isn't a difference, so the reason to choose organic is probably to avoid pesticides and other chemicals.  Considering that, choosing an organic apple over non-organic makes sense, because you're eating the skin that may have been sprayed with chemicals, but if you're talking about bananas, it may make less sense, because you're discarding the peel.

ETA:  Please don't take what I'm saying as personal criticism.  Much of what I do as a coach and personal trainer is getting people to think about why they make the choices they do rather than blindly following formulas.  I tend to fall into that habit automatically when posting online too.

Edited by TriMyBest 2013-09-15 8:47 AM
2013-09-15 9:53 AM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Calories310Sodium760 mg
Trans0 gProtein23 g
Cholesterol25 mg  
Vitamin A15%Calcium23%
Vitamin C31%Iron19%

Calories290Sodium590 mg
Trans1 gProtein15 g
Cholesterol40 mg  
Vitamin A4%Calcium20%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%

This is what you are comparing.... hamburger vs a chicken breast, really? As I said I don't consider the subway deli meats any healthier then a burger. I never said a chicken breast on a bun. There are healthier options from all fast food places these days. I don't believe all foods have to be organic or farm raised to be enjoyed. There are many proceeded foods that are perfectly fine to eat in moderation. Its a matter of over-processing that is not nessicary. Take pickles for example. Why do the mass producers put yellow dye in them, perservities, corn syrup etc etc etc ?. All you need is salt and spices to make an awesome pickle. If you want to learn more the film, Food Inc was very interesting.

You said "I consider Subway to be just as unhealthy as a McD burger.", not "I don't consider the subway deli meats any healthier then a burger.", so I compared something I eat at least once a week from Subway to the McD burger.  BTW, I'm pretty sure the Subway "chicken breast" is a processed chicken meat patty made from chopped up chicken pressed together in a mold, and that's why the sodium is so high.  Given the choice between that, and an actual chicken breast filet, most would consider the filet the better option.

I actually agree with everything you're saying about avoiding over processing foods, and 90+% of my own diet is from whole foods prepared at home.  My point was that sweeping statements about X restaurant being just as bad as Y restaurant or that all foods in one category are bad while all foods in another are good are over generalizations, plus many opinions about what constitutes good or bad food choices are either misinformed or misguided.  Additionally, food choices can usually be viewed as a continuum ranging from "don't ever eat this" to "try to eat several servings every day" rather than just "good" and "bad" choices that fall on both sides of a line.

Take organic for example.  Are organic foods healthier than non-organic?  It depends on what criteria you're using.  Nutritionally, there usually isn't a difference, so the reason to choose organic is probably to avoid pesticides and other chemicals.  Considering that, choosing an organic apple over non-organic makes sense, because you're eating the skin that may have been sprayed with chemicals, but if you're talking about bananas, it may make less sense, because you're discarding the peel.

ETA:  Please don't take what I'm saying as personal criticism.  Much of what I do as a coach and personal trainer is getting people to think about why they make the choices they do rather than blindly following formulas.  I tend to fall into that habit automatically when posting online too.

Your right. People do tend to over generalize this or that, and I'm sorry if my post seemed that way. That wasn't my intention. It was more about the over processed food vs McD burgers.... Yes totally with 'organic' or even all-natural. In fact, I really hate that term, 'all-natural' because its just marketing and a generalization. After all, soil is 'all-natural' !
2013-09-15 5:24 PM
in reply to: Guest

User image

New user

Saskatchewan
I have it maybe once every two or three months. When Five Guys opened here had to try it, get a BK poutine once in awhile if I've had a few too many beverages. Actually, after I've been drinking is usually when I get it, and since I don't drink excessively much anymore, my fast food intake has dropped considerably. And I'll try out places in the States when I go down there.

Now if the question had been "how often to you eat gummy candies" I'd have to confess to multiple times each day.
2013-09-16 7:14 AM

User image

Master
I can go months without a burger and fry stop. I'm just not a fan of buying something I can make better at home, and I don't like fries a whole lot. I don't like fried foods a whole lot, unless it's Shakey's fried chicken in the Philippines.

Edited by Blanda 2013-09-16 7:15 AM
2013-09-16 8:17 AM
in reply to: Blanda

User image

New user
Eeesh! You guys are health nuts compared to me. I'll eat anything, but I tend to avoid eating at fast food if I can help it. I can't remember the last time I've ate a burger at McD's, BK, etc, but that could be because I have very short memory. lol. I will say I did indulge in some Chicago hot dogs at Sonics couple days ago after a very long work day. At that time, I was more worried about getting appropriate amount of sleep < 5hr instead of eating healthy.

Also, lately, I've been craving those biscuit, eggs & sausage breakfast sandwich on the mornings.

2013-09-16 10:56 AM
in reply to: LPJmom

User image

Veteran
Omaha, NE

Calories310Sodium760 mg
Trans0 gProtein23 g
Cholesterol25 mg  
Vitamin A15%Calcium23%
Vitamin C31%Iron19%

Calories290Sodium590 mg
Trans1 gProtein15 g
Cholesterol40 mg  
Vitamin A4%Calcium20%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%

Your right. People do tend to over generalize this or that, and I'm sorry if my post seemed that way. That wasn't my intention. It was more about the over processed food vs McD burgers.... Yes totally with 'organic' or even all-natural. In fact, I really hate that term, 'all-natural' because its just marketing and a generalization. After all, soil is 'all-natural' !

The one thing I don't like about this comparison is who really eats one cheeseburger, and who gets it plain. Ok I know there are those people out there, but no way I could eat just one.

That being said the Subway is way more filling, I think that was missed, so even though it has slightly more calories and sodium, it is also 255g serving size, compared to 99g for the cheeseburger. So as far as apples to apples i say multiply the cheeseburger number by 2.5 times then do your comparisons.

Ok back to the original topic, I eat fast food all the time, which is also why I'm fat and slow at triathlon.

In the last week I've ate, hmmmmm, Taco bell 2x, popeyes, waffle house, johnny rockets at 6 flags, wendy's, mcdonalds and a few gas station taquitos and frozen cappacuno's and probably even more that i am missing. I don't go light either, i usually get the stuff that's probably the worst for you on the menu.

So, I'm that guy on the forum I guess.
2013-09-16 11:39 AM
in reply to: cstoulil

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by cstoulil

and a few gas station taquitos  

I'm not gonna lie. These are good.

2013-09-16 11:42 AM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
FTR, Subway isn't a whole lot better than McD's.  They are good at marketing "eat fresh" lies though  I try and avoid it all like the plague but can't say I never touch it, maybe 2-3 times a year.
2013-09-16 3:00 PM
in reply to: thebigb

Veteran
Tennessee

I do triathlons so I can eat whatever I want. So I usually will grab some fast food two or three times a week.

2013-09-16 3:14 PM
in reply to: popsracer

Veteran
Summerfield, NC
Originally posted by popsracer

Oh dear, I fear I am in the minority here.  I just don't generally have time but to grab a burger.  Sometimes a sub, sometimes a McChicken, sometimes Chinese.  In an attempt to eat better I've broken a 20 year poptart addiction and replaced with a granola bar for breakfast.  Oh, and I started to take vitamins.

I try to give up poptarts every 3 or 4 months but after about 3-4 weeks I'm back on them. Don't try the peanut butter ones or you'll be back to the poptart addiction.

2013-09-16 3:34 PM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

I eat 1-2 horseburgers per month.  That could include ones I grill at home.  Since I don't grind my own meat, I really have no idea what's in there.  Actually I do.  I've seen enough news stories.

And there's the occasional trip to Del Taco or Taco Bell.  Maybe once a month.  That's a good dose of miscellaneous animal parts.  Or worse.

Pizza typically on Friday's, so that's pretty much junk.

Breakfast and lunch are typically from home, so good stuff.

2013-09-16 8:28 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member
Originally posted by axteraa

I would have to be fairly desperate to get a McD's (or similar) burger.  I would have to be short of time, starving and no other choice.  Subway would also be my fast food of choice if I couldn't get something better.

That said, I did go to an In and Out Burger when vacationing in California last week because everyone kept saying how good they were...

I generally avoid fast food altogether.  That said however, In-N-Out doesn't count!  Innocent  Nor does 5-Guys or Tommy's.  I limit a burger indulgence to less than a couple a year.  Sometimes you just have to say WTF!

2013-09-17 6:08 AM

New user
Originally posted by Oysterboy

I am curious as to how this community views fast food (I am really focusing on the burgers and fries kinda stuff here). I was prompted to ask this after seeing a story on the news about a guy who has eaten 10+ Big Macs for the last 20 or so years, and he clearly did not look overweight. I have only been in McD's to pee for the last 5+ years and really could not imagine eating one of their burgers (I will eat a Subway sandwich on occasion so I am not an absolute purist). Just wanted to know how a group that is very health conscious feels about this.

I have not eaten the fast food burger sludge in almost 20 years. I have come to view those food like substances as poison. I will, and have, gone hungry before eating that crud.

Besides viewing the products from fast food joints as toxic, on the same level as smoking, I also feel that a certain level of self-respect should prevent most people from eating whatever that stuff is.

In a pinch I walk into the grocery store, go to the deli and order a veggie sub or I get a salad or I choose from many other convenient options.

-Mark
2013-09-17 6:23 AM
in reply to: switch

New user
Originally posted by switch

The only fast food item I've eaten in the last 16 years has been the ice cream, and I haven't done that now in over 6 years. I really love good food and love to cook, and I end up structuring my day so that I eat well and make sure my family eats well. It's important to me, and I'm not sure if this will make sense in this context, but it's a big way I show love to people I care about.

x2
2013-09-17 7:51 AM

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
If I am having a hamburger, it's a real hamburger... 8-10 oz. of high quality beef (preferably Kobe), cooked bloody rare in the center.

That being said, I have no issue with fast food. I just don't get all the kerfuffle about it. Is it mass-produced? Sure! Is some of it higher in fat? Sure! Are subway's "chicken breasts" all chicken? maybe! Whatever. I just. don't. care. And all the rage against the DEVIL POISON THAT WILL KILL YOU AND MAKE YOU A SLAVE TO THE MAN IN CORPORATE AMERICA ALONG THE WAY is lost on me.

I don't smoke. I exercise. I wear a seatbelt and a bike helmet. I try and be reasonably moderate in my life choices. At some point you have to draw the line at things that stress you out or that you spend time caring about. I draw the line at having an aneurysm over processed foods. :p

I don't eat out often, not b/c I shun it...simply b/c the occasion just doesn't happen to arise. I do have frozen pizza (a whole one, of course) at least once, if not 2x a week, though.

Edited by mmrocker13 2013-09-17 7:57 AM

2013-09-17 12:01 PM
in reply to: mmrocker13

User image

Regular
Originally posted by mmrocker13

If I am having a hamburger, it's a real hamburger... 8-10 oz. of high quality beef (preferably Kobe), cooked bloody rare in the center.

That being said, I have no issue with fast food. I just don't get all the kerfuffle about it. Is it mass-produced? Sure! Is some of it higher in fat? Sure! Are subway's "chicken breasts" all chicken? maybe! Whatever. I just. don't. care. And all the rage against the DEVIL POISON THAT WILL KILL YOU AND MAKE YOU A SLAVE TO THE MAN IN CORPORATE AMERICA ALONG THE WAY is lost on me.

I don't smoke. I exercise. I wear a seatbelt and a bike helmet. I try and be reasonably moderate in my life choices. At some point you have to draw the line at things that stress you out or that you spend time caring about. I draw the line at having an aneurysm over processed foods. :p

I don't eat out often, not b/c I shun it...simply b/c the occasion just doesn't happen to arise. I do have frozen pizza (a whole one, of course) at least once, if not 2x a week, though.

THIS!!! Very well said!!
2013-09-17 1:28 PM
in reply to: jdotten

User image

Elite
Ontario
I do find it a little amusing when people state - "If I have no other choice then I will choose the vile food that we should all detest".  As said above, a little bit is not going to kill you.  I figure my wife keeps me on the straight and narrow for the most part, but I love fast food, and I love sweets, and I have no issues with eating either.  That said, I don't consume the same copius amounts I may have in my younger years.
2013-09-17 2:15 PM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Count me in with those that would have to be literally starving to death to eat fast food.  It's been years.  I was stuck going to Wendy's on a road trip about 5 years ago, I wasn't driving and the other 4 people wanted to stop there.  I got a salad and they managed to make even a simple bowl of veggies nasty somehow.  The lettuce was wilty and soft, the tomatoes a very odd color, no dressing choices that weren't full of either MSG, sugar or transfat.

Zero2athlete is a poster here who lost I think a hundred pounds, and trained for and respectably completed IM AZ on mostly McD's diet, maybe he'll jump in here?  Someone even did a little video story on him and showed it at a few local triathlon specific events.  He was kind of like the Jarod for McD's Smile

2013-09-17 4:34 PM
in reply to: Dirt Hucker

User image

Expert
South Florida
Originally posted by Dirt Hucker

I have it maybe once every two or three months. When Five Guys opened here had to try it, get a BK poutine once in awhile if I've had a few too many beverages. Actually, after I've been drinking is usually when I get it, and since I don't drink excessively much anymore, my fast food intake has dropped considerably. And I'll try out places in the States when I go down there.

Now if the question had been "how often to you eat gummy candies" I'd have to confess to multiple times each day.

Ok I LOVE poutine, but what is a BK poutine? Not Burger King is it? Surely in the Great White North, the holy land of gravy and fries, you have amazing poutine coming out of your ears and no way would you stoop to fast food poutine.
I am crushed.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fast food Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

What all the fast food hating in that other fast food thread? Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by 2453V
Views: 6477 Posts: 84

2011-12-23 5:05 PM guppie58

Do you eat fast food? And what do you typically eat for breakfast? Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by meatcookie
Views: 6110 Posts: 114

2011-12-20 12:44 PM synthetic

"Healthier" Fast Food Pages: 1 2 3

Started by crazyquick23
Views: 4242 Posts: 68

2010-05-05 6:31 PM mademille

Fast Food Sponsorships Pages: 1 2

Started by CuteKatieBear29
Views: 2763 Posts: 46

2007-10-04 8:46 AM run4yrlif

FAST FOOD

Started by iwantotri
Views: 1094 Posts: 14

2007-02-19 6:54 AM JeepFleeb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : July 14, 2009
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
I can swim long with ease and have decent endurance, but I have a race coming up and I don't want to be last anymore. Help?
date : February 7, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
The suggestions guide you towards an eating style that's simple and practical, yet can effectively help you eat well to perform well, despite today’s bewildering food environment.

date : July 5, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I don't really strength train (because I never have and don't really know much about it) and feel like my lack of upper body strength is the reason why I'm not getting faster.
date : July 4, 2005
author : KenMierke
comments : 0
Despite what most runners and their coaches believe, technique plays an enormous role in sustained fast running.

date : February 28, 2005
author : sherrick
A 26 week, 6 race series plan for faster performance. A SILVER/GOLD member plan.
date : January 24, 2005
author : BrianPBN
As every veteran athlete can attest, a non-existent or ill planned ‘race meal plan’ will leave you falling far short of your goals or even worse, in the medical tent.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Nancy Clark
You know what you should eat. Yet you just don’t want to. Yuck—whole wheat bread, bran cereal, oatmeal, skim milk, spinach, fish, fruit for snacks and desserts.