General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New and different Marathon, Half and relay S/E PA near Phila. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-12 12:26 PM

User image

Expert
Lansdale, PA.
Subject: New and different Marathon, Half and relay S/E PA near Phila.
For anyone interested the township I work for is hosting the inaugural Deja Vu Marathon on 11-9-13.

http://actsportsmanagement.com/Deja_Vu_Marathon.html

Ok, so why do this race??? Good question. Because it is different and here's why:

The entire course is run on a 1 mile loop of closed, paved, flat walking trail. Yup, 1 mile. You'll run the same loop 26 times. Why would you do this??? Well think about the family support, think about the availability of race support, your own nutrition available every loop, port-a-potties, photo opportunities... Besides, where else could you try something so unusual... Perhaps best of all, this could be the best possible scenario for a new Personal Record and the bragging rights that go with it!

Come on out and support our parks and recreation programs.

The race site is located in suburban Montgomery County, about 18 miles north west of Philadelphia and about 25 miles south east of Allentown. Easy access from the turnpike, 309, 202 and 422.

Thanks, Hope to see you there,
Steve
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New and different Marathon, Half and relay S/E PA near Phila. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rehoboth Half-Marathon/Marathon in December

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 1417 Posts: 6

2012-12-14 8:14 AM dmbfan4life20

Tri bike help / fitting near Wilmington

Started by Beaux
Views: 1405 Posts: 3

2012-06-05 6:04 PM btlovin

Delaware Marathon

Started by markam805
Views: 2354 Posts: 5

2012-02-14 12:56 PM dmbfan4life20

OWS near Wilmington?

Started by Apotheosis
Views: 1860 Posts: 1

2010-05-10 11:45 AM Apotheosis

Bike Routes near Newark

Started by yeats
Views: 2433 Posts: 3

2009-12-28 11:50 AM yeats
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : December 11, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
I just finished the NYC marathon on Sunday and I think I'm going to venture into triathlons. I am doing an Olympic distance and I want to do a 70.3 next year too. Any advice?
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : June 10, 2008
author : kns57
Steady is our walk. Ignoring the pain that is radiating from my feet, I continue to place one foot in front of the other. Again I wonder, “Why am I doing this?”
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a marathon in the 1:30-2:30 range and has a good running base in the past 8-12 weeks.
date : October 2, 2005
author : smeeko
comments : 2
I will assume you have not run consistently more than 6 miles and have never completed a half-marathon. I believe running your first half-marathon is a big task which requires dedication and work.

date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.