General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newby starting Tri with half in Syracuse next june Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-15 3:58 PM

Subject: Newby starting Tri with half in Syracuse next june
Hi,
I know this sounds crazy, but I signed up and I'm committed to succeed. I'm a marathoner and I usually go out twice a month for 100k bike ride. I have not been able to swim in years, but I can take a 10 weeks class starting next January to improve my technique and build some endurance. My next marathon is November 17th, so this leaves me 7 months to prepare. I've done a few Duathlon in the past and know that the bike to run transition is not an easy one, but for this first experience my main goal is to finish!
please wish me luck (or call me crazy!)
I'm looking for some training plans, so if you had one you really liked, feel free to promote them to me.
Thanks

2013-10-15 10:33 PM
in reply to: cecileO

User image

Subject: RE: Newby starting Tri with half in Syracuse next june
Welcome!! I'm in the exact same boat... first tri is the HIM in Syracuse next year! Hope to see you on the course!
2014-01-27 2:53 PM
in reply to: cecileO

Subject: RE: Newby starting Tri with half in Syracuse next june
Me too! Also a runner competing in HIM Syracuse for my first HIM, then hopefully Lousiville for my first IM. Covered all the distances in each discipline but never in a wetsuit, and very light open water. Luckily I have found an open-water coach for later this year.

Im using an IM training plan (21 week) found on this site, I havent started the official plan but already have a marathoner base, swim three times a week and right now Im on the trainer three times a week. In the fall I was riding 30 - 50 miles three times a week. Just for fun I swim / trainer / run olympic distance every other friday since ive had some vacation time to burn.

Looking forward to seeing you in Syracuse!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newby starting Tri with half in Syracuse next june Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ford IM in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho next June!

Started by iswimbikerun
Views: 702 Posts: 4

2009-09-10 3:27 PM brian

New to the Forum...Starting Tri Training for next season

Started by Mig
Views: 788 Posts: 3

2008-08-11 1:08 PM Mig

Arizona - Tri newby

Started by chile7473
Views: 582 Posts: 4

2006-02-02 1:27 PM robin314159

Tri Newby

Started by sting
Views: 805 Posts: 3

2005-04-30 3:25 PM sting

First Triathlon in May/June of next year.

Started by Patrice
Views: 1988 Posts: 11

2003-09-10 5:36 PM jnarenki
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
These ladies are impressive. This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.

date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.
date : October 2, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
The start for everyone is a crazy cluster of splashing. Here are some tips to deal with what some consider being the toughest part of any triathlon.

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.