General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help choosing a Planet X ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-25 9:45 AM

User image

New user

Dallas
Subject: Help choosing a Planet X ride
I've been racing for the last few years at a hobby level on my trusty Allez. I'm starting to look at upgrading and lately have been getting the itch to build a new ride. I've looked at a ton of reviews and Planet X caught my attention for their high-value, low-cost approach. I also have never seen a single one here in Texas so it would be kind of unique, a nice break from all the Spec, Trek, and Cervelos.

I'm looking for something a bit lighter and more aggressive than my Allez and have narrowed it down to 3 models. Since I likely won't be able to see one in person (the only US distribution is up in Oregon), I was hoping that someone here had some experience with them.

Pro-Carbon: Best bang for your buck. I haven't been able to find a single negative thing about it.

RT-57: A little more aggressive than the Pro-Carbon. I read a comment that they were looking to discontinue this line in favor of the more relaxed RT-58 (which also looks like a slick ride). They've only been selling them for a couple years now and what little I have found has been positive, but the fact that they want to end the line makes me a bit suspicious.

N2A: This is what I'm most interested in. On paper it looks like one slick bike. I've heard great things about the handling and ride. Unfortunately I've also heard that the paint, particularly on the black/red model, is soft and scuffs really easily. I've spent hours scouring the web and I can't find more than a couple reviews on it.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help choosing a Planet X ride Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Help choosing next ride

Started by cm121886
Views: 1095 Posts: 6

2011-12-14 4:41 PM audiojan

Help me choose between these bikes!

Started by Mirg
Views: 1199 Posts: 16

2007-12-23 10:18 PM Shermbelle

Help me choose a jersey, too, please

Started by zagagirl
Views: 1772 Posts: 18

2005-05-04 3:44 PM zagagirl

help choosing shoes

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 917 Posts: 7

2005-04-12 9:31 AM Cmikul

help from parents on choosing a jogging stroller

Started by MAIKINGIE
Views: 2390 Posts: 15

2009-03-26 11:01 AM jeffy_101
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 9, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Most people believe that running barefoot is dangerous. Certainly, depending upon the surface, they would be correct. However, there is some suggestion that running barefoot may reduce injuries.

date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : July 8, 2008
author : Writebrained
comments : 10
Riding Zen means nothing more than being keenly aware of your surroundings and in control of your emotional state at all times. It also means riding safe and riding smart.
date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.

date : April 2, 2006
With a hectic schedule and the desire to throw in other forms of exercise, I went from following one of the training programs to doing my own. Would it be better to follow a training plan?
date : January 1, 2006
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.