General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a Masters swim group.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-27 11:00 AM

User image

Subject: Looking for a Masters swim group..
Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to find a Masters swim group in North Oakland county? Where I currently swim, they don't seem to have one(that I have found), and I really feel I could benefit from one. Really trying to improve my swim this winter, but have been pretty much going it alone to this point. Any suggestions appreciated, prior to last year I had never done any competitive type swimming. Hope the Michigan forum was the correct place for this question.

Thanks,

Dave

2013-10-27 7:08 PM
in reply to: Woody94

User image

Extreme Veteran
Detroit, Michigan
Subject: RE: Looking for a Masters swim group..
I don't usually visit the Birmingham Y, but I seem to remember they had one the last time I was there. (If that's not north enough for you, is there one up near Rochester way?) Also, I know the Lifetime Fitness clubs have at least one tri group -- I've seen them competing in their Lifetime tri kits, so it stands to reason they have some kind of organized swimming sessions.
2013-10-28 9:03 AM
in reply to: Miles around Midtown

User image

Master
I think that Troy and Rochester Life Time Fitness clubs each have a Master's swim program. Troy's location is advertising a swim team. If you go to their class/instruction page you can see when and how much. I remember it being very reasonable. I have no knowledge of how good the coaching/training is.
2013-10-28 1:23 PM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Thanks! I'll look into that...
2013-11-29 12:49 PM
in reply to: Woody94

User image

Rochester Hills/Flint
Dave,

How far north are you looking in OC? I believe BK training systems (Bonnie Karas) runs a masters team at Rochester High School. I would look into that if it isn't too far for you.

Kyle
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a Masters swim group.. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Masters Swim - LTF Rochester

Started by hamiltks10
Views: 1197 Posts: 12

2013-02-14 8:03 AM hamiltks10

Metro Area Swim Masters

Started by smarx
Views: 1746 Posts: 9

2009-12-20 11:49 AM smoak

Oakland County Swimming Masters - LTF

Started by rkreuser
Views: 2222 Posts: 12

2009-08-15 6:59 PM jogo

Niles YMCA masters swim class

Started by caseyman
Views: 784 Posts: 1

2008-04-05 1:14 PM caseyman

Masters Swim / Group runs in Oakland County...

Started by rkreuser
Views: 1144 Posts: 2

2006-01-20 3:14 PM kimta
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 10, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Tinley on triathlon, aging, and the attitude of a masters athlete

date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.
date : February 28, 2005
author : infosteward
Sometimes the best way to master something is to be around people who are masters of it. For non-swimmers - there is the Master’s Swim group.

date : February 13, 2005
author : Tri Swim Coach
The most common question I hear in the triathlete world about the mysteries of swimming efficiently usually involves something with breathing.
date : November 28, 2004
Work your weakness. In the sport of triathlon, most coaches agree that you should spend the most time working on your weakest of the three sports. For many of you this will be swimming!

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
The start of the race I had the jitters. I was watching the other age groups start as they seeded the swim with over 1000 participants.
date : August 31, 2004
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.

date : August 31, 2004
Most of us in the triathlon world are concerned with more than just fat burning. There are certain situations when it’s appropriate to use fins during a workout.