General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycleops Mag on a Mountain Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-28 9:24 AM

Subject: Cycleops Mag on a Mountain Bike
I have a US bought mountain bike.

Can I use it on a CycleOps Mag trainer? According to the local high performance bicycle shop person in Texas I can. So I bought it.

I brought it to India. I now find that the cycle does not have a replaceable skewer. It has fixed axle. Can I use the trainer on that? What is the risk? The cycleops web site recommends use only with Skewer. If there is no skewer to contact the local bike shop :-). No such luck here.

Any thoughts or advice?

Regards
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycleops Mag on a Mountain Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Switching from Mountain Bike to Tri Bike

Started by EnduranceMatt
Views: 1112 Posts: 19

2006-10-22 11:51 AM fb444

Mountain Bike vs Race Bike

Started by lynn m.
Views: 1173 Posts: 10

2006-08-07 10:55 AM lynn m.

The Old Road Bike vs. The Mountain Bike

Started by nicolascole
Views: 1617 Posts: 22

2006-04-19 8:38 AM weds19

Apr. Triathlete Mag - great bike review

Started by rfergus5
Views: 762 Posts: 4

2006-03-12 2:31 PM Dlaxman31

Mountain Bikes vs Racing Bikes

Started by Aikane
Views: 1224 Posts: 12

2004-03-19 9:33 PM Machiavelo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.
date : May 25, 2009
author : FitWerx
I read somewhere about "bar ends" to put on your handle bars, do you recommend them? Is this similar to adding clip on aero bars?

date : October 2, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 1
So which one is best for you? It boils down to the aforementioned questions only you can answer and, ultimately, to what extent you will use it as a tool for winter cycling fitness.
date : June 14, 2005
author : PirateGirl
The XTERRA off-road triathlons consist of a lake swim, a mountain bike trail ride, and a trail run. I decided to try the AZ Xtreme Desert XTERRA Tri as my 1st off-road triathlon, and my 3rd tri ever.

date : December 13, 2004
author : kanoelani
My first experience as a triathlete and my post-season plan.
date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
So after about 10,000 emails, dozens of phone calls, and one pre-race pasta dinner, the 1st meeting of the Steve's in a triathlon finally arrived.