Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-11-27 5:14 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: November Break a Weigh

Wishing you all a happy, healthy Thanksgiving holiday.  We certainly have an abundance to be thankful for.

I've almost completely eliminated my middle of the night snacking which was very, very bad.  We'll see if that results in any weight loss.  I think I've done better with this and other snacking but I've drinken more beer than usual just because of an increase in get togethers with friends.  I'm meeting some friends again tonight at the neighboorhood microbrewery.  We actually have two within a half mile of my house and another three within two miles.

My car project is going to come right down to the wire to complete before Xmas.  It is normally a months long process that I'm doing in weeks.  Exterior will be done this weekend.  Still need to reassemble interior (carpet, seats, instruments, heater, etc.) and redo the brakes, install new exhaust system, and get engine running.  I decided I would make this special for my mom too as the car was her mother's when she was alive.  My mom was very close to her mother and I know misses her greatly.  I'm going to put a nice chrome license plate holder on it with her mom's name engraved on it as a tribute to her.  Gosh, I can't even think about it without my eyes watering all up.  {Whew}.

2013-11-27 9:07 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Regular
LHOTP

I have tears streaming down my face. 

You're a good man, Steve, and you sound like an awesome son.  Hugs to you, brotha.

2013-11-27 10:07 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
2013-11-27 10:08 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

before

(mustang.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
mustang.JPG (137KB - 14 downloads)
2013-11-27 10:09 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

almost done

(mustang2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
mustang2.jpg (9KB - 14 downloads)
2013-11-28 8:39 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

WOW!  It looks gorgeous!  The paint job is amazing. 

How are you going to present it to them? 

2013-11-28 8:59 PM

User image

New user
Steve, That Is BEAUTIFUL! I am truly impressed with the beauty of the car. Also it is so touching to me how much it means to you. I can't imagine the thrill they will have when they see the gift you are lovingly creating for them!
Thank you so much for sharing!

I had a wonderful day today with my family. I feel so grateful for the love, blessings, togetherness, nourishment and time we had to share.

I took the nourishment a bit far .

Happy Day!

Mary
2013-12-02 11:40 AM
in reply to: Chunga

User image

New user
Well I got back on the scale and have had a 4lb loss! Not bad considering Thanksgiving.

I really enjoyed our little group challenge. It has me rethinking the whole weighing concept. I will not be using the scale as often, I like going with the way I feel and letting the fluctuations occur without such a frequent focus.

Today is day 1 of my marathon training for my first marathon!!! I am very excited. I am doing the St Louis marathon in early April. Really nervous but I also love the challenge and thought it would be really motivating over the winter months.

2013-12-02 8:57 PM

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by Chunga Well I got back on the scale and have had a 4lb loss! Not bad considering Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed our little group challenge. It has me rethinking the whole weighing concept. I will not be using the scale as often, I like going with the way I feel and letting the fluctuations occur without such a frequent focus. Today is day 1 of my marathon training for my first marathon!!! I am very excited. I am doing the St Louis marathon in early April. Really nervous but I also love the challenge and thought it would be really motivating over the winter months.

WOW, I'd say this was a very successful challenge for you! Best wishes on your marathon training .

2013-12-02 8:59 PM

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by popsracer

Wishing you all a happy, healthy Thanksgiving holiday.  We certainly have an abundance to be thankful for.

I've almost completely eliminated my middle of the night snacking which was very, very bad.  We'll see if that results in any weight loss.  I think I've done better with this and other snacking but I've drinken more beer than usual just because of an increase in get togethers with friends.  I'm meeting some friends again tonight at the neighboorhood microbrewery.  We actually have two within a half mile of my house and another three within two miles.

My car project is going to come right down to the wire to complete before Xmas.  It is normally a months long process that I'm doing in weeks.  Exterior will be done this weekend.  Still need to reassemble interior (carpet, seats, instruments, heater, etc.) and redo the brakes, install new exhaust system, and get engine running.  I decided I would make this special for my mom too as the car was her mother's when she was alive.  My mom was very close to her mother and I know misses her greatly.  I'm going to put a nice chrome license plate holder on it with her mom's name engraved on it as a tribute to her.  Gosh, I can't even think about it without my eyes watering all up.  {Whew}.

That is really touching!

2013-12-03 8:17 AM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by Chunga Well I got back on the scale and have had a 4lb loss! Not bad considering Thanksgiving. I really enjoyed our little group challenge. It has me rethinking the whole weighing concept. I will not be using the scale as often, I like going with the way I feel and letting the fluctuations occur without such a frequent focus. Today is day 1 of my marathon training for my first marathon!!! I am very excited. I am doing the St Louis marathon in early April. Really nervous but I also love the challenge and thought it would be really motivating over the winter months.

WOW--AWESOME!  It's fun to figure out stuff along the way that works, huh? :)  Really, it was a great challenge, Mary.

I have read wonderful things about the St. Louis marathon.  It sounds like a really good first one to do.  Good luck on your training.  I imagine you will find, especially as you start logging marathon training miles, that weight can come off rather readily.  Training for a spring marathon can be challenging in the winter months, but arriving at the line with those hard miles under your belt will make the day in early April that much sweeter.  I'm excited for you Mary:

Just awesome!

2013-12-03 11:14 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I forgot about weighing and didn't weigh until this morning.  I gained about a pound which is ok but I wish I would have lost four.  I know I'm making a little better eating decisions but have to do better.  It's been fun.

I am glad to hear you lost the four I wanted to.  Good job.  I am excited to hear how your marathon journey progresses.  In January I am going to start ramping up for a marathon March 1st (hopefully the Phoenix Marathon) and the Yakima River Canyon Marathon April 5th.  Good luck.

2013-12-04 10:34 PM

User image

New user
Originally posted by popsracer
  • I forgot about weighing and didn't weigh until this morning.  I gained about a pound which is ok but I wish I would have lost four.  I know I'm making a little better eating decisions but have to do better.  It's been fun.

I am glad to hear you lost the four I wanted to.  Good job.  I am excited to hear how your marathon journey progresses.  In January I am going to start ramping up for a marathon March 1st (hopefully the Phoenix Marathon) and the Yakima River Canyon Marathon April 5th.  Good luck.

Well I am glad you are making some eating improvements as that will certainly get you where you want to be.
    I want to hear about your amazing car restoration gift and how that turns out. Will you keep us updated please?
    2013-12-04 10:37 PM

User image

New user
    Originally posted by switch
  • WOW--AWESOME!  It's fun to figure out stuff along the way that works, huh?   Really, it was a great challenge, Mary.

I have read wonderful things about the St. Louis marathon.  It sounds like a really good first one to do.  Good luck on your training.  I imagine you will find, especially as you start logging marathon training miles, that weight can come off rather readily.  Training for a spring marathon can be challenging in the winter months, but arriving at the line with those hard miles under your belt will make the day in early April that much sweeter.  I'm excited for you Mary 

Just awesome!

Thank you Elesa! You say the kindest most uplifting things. I hope you have a wonderful, safe family adventure in Australia! I would love to hear about it when you return. I bet you will find some unique training opportunities.
    2013-12-04 10:40 PM
    in reply to: trigal38

User image

New user
    Originally posted by trigal38

WOW, I'd say this was a very successful challenge for you! Best wishes on your marathon training .

Thank you, I appreciate it. That sounds funny, marathon training! Like turning 50, it still feels funny poking that number into the bike at the gym. Better get used to both though!
    2013-12-27 5:59 AM

User image

Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Chunga
    Originally posted by popsracer .

I forgot about weighing and didn't weigh until this morning.  I gained about a pound which is ok but I wish I would have lost four.  I know I'm making a little better eating decisions but have to do better.  It's been fun.

Well I am glad you are making some eating improvements as that will certainly get you where you want to be. I want to hear about your amazing car restoration gift and how that turns out. Will you keep us updated please?

Well, here's the update.  Finished it at 3:00am in the morning before putting on a trailer and towing it the 2.5 hour drive to my parents.  They were totally shocked.  He said it was the greatest gift he had received in his life.  It was much more than just the car because it had been my grandma's car.  Much sentimental value.  A small crowd in the neighborhood formed as folks started coming out of their houses to see the commotion.  So worth it to make him happy.  He has always done so much for so many people.

(mustang3.JPG)

Attachments
    ----------------
    mustang3.JPG (153KB - 9 downloads)

2014-01-06 7:54 PM

User image

New user
    This is AWESOME! Truly beautiful and what a wonderful gift! What a memory you will cherish! Thanks for the update!
    2014-01-07 4:59 PM

User image

Regular
    LHOTP

Steve!!! I was hoping you'd post an update, and this is SO AWESOME! 

Your dad looks very happy. Such a thoughtful gift. 

I hope you had a wonderful holiday too.  And you too Mary!

2014-01-07 7:17 PM

User image

Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by switch

Steve!!! I was hoping you'd post an update, and this is SO AWESOME! 

Your dad looks very happy. Such a thoughtful gift. 

I hope you had a wonderful holiday too.  And you too Mary!

Hey, it's great to hear from you.  Hope you had a great holiday and are enjoying your trip.  We miss you.

2014-01-07 8:28 PM

User image

New user
    Elesa! I have missed you!
    How was Australia?

I had a wonderful Christmas, really great time with my family.
    New Thread
    Other Resources Challenge Me! » November Break a Weigh Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

November Challenge Team Rosters are posted

Started by D001
    Views: 1382 Posts: 12

2007-11-02 9:50 AM D001

November "You Choice" Challenge Team Wild Hippo's Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33

Started by kaqphin
    Views: 24059 Posts: 809

2007-12-02 8:27 PM kaqphin

November "Your Choice" Challenge Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by D001
    Views: 22023 Posts: 573

2007-12-03 11:19 AM D001

November Challenge Pages: 1 2 3

Started by nccgrap
    Views: 5411 Posts: 57

2007-10-25 12:39 PM D001

Flexibility Challenge - NOVEMBER

Started by MandiGayle
    Views: 2573 Posts: 9

2006-12-01 2:13 AM MandiGayle
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : July 7, 2012
    author : alicefoeller
    comments : 0
    Is strength training critical for a triathlete? How can strength training help an athlete improve performance? What are the downsides?

date : April 22, 2009
    author : Nancy Clark
    Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.
    date : September 15, 2008
    author : lcthomas74
    Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.

date : March 17, 2008
    author : BWL
    comments : 4
    Using tri training for breaking bad habits, getting healthy and gaining confidence plus a little bit of humility.
    date : October 30, 2005
    author : smeeko
    If you are able to honestly look at your routine and find the balance, you will be a happier person and a happier athlete as well.

date : April 24, 2005
    author : AMSSM
    It sounds like your ankle has seen plenty of mileage and, by the description of your surgeon’s plan, that you have damage to the articular cartilage that caps your talus bone.
    date : April 10, 2005
    author : Ontherun
    comments : 1
    Most of us have gone up and down in weight so often that we have lost count. What we are looking for is a steady loss of weight which often is not found.