General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Saddles Adamo saddles Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-07 3:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Westchester, NY
Subject: ISM Saddles Adamo saddles
I am considering swapping out my saddle for one of these ISM Adamo saddles. I currently have a fizik saddle. I'm sure I could use a lot more comfort down there during long rides. It's not that it's painful, but after 50+ miles,...
So I see a lot of racers these days using the ISM Adamo saddle.

Any feedback ?
I see there are 3 models. Is there a better model vs. another ?

2013-11-07 4:06 PM
in reply to: louamerica

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: ISM Saddles Adamo saddles
I ride an Adamo Prologue, and I'm very happy with it. Changing saddles helped resolve some numbness issues which were putting a damper on certain activities.

They have a saddle selector guide on their website.

General theory is that you'll either love it or hate it, just about instantly. Try it at your LBS is you can. You can demo them through trisports.com too, for a pretty reasonable fee.

ST had a saddle tour recently (free saddle test fittings), so you may want to try those stores and see if they'll let you play with saddles for a while.
2013-11-11 5:09 PM

User image

Pro

every butt is different.  I've tried the Adamo and found the front of it just too wide for me.  (some people zip tie the ends together to make them a bit narrower).

I needed a new saddle (actually wore out my Profile Design saddle) and I just got a Cobb (on sale at TriSports ).  So far, it seems like a really well designed seat for my particular undercarriage.  YMMV.

sometimes you just can't tell with saddles until you put 1000 miles into them.

2013-11-12 10:33 AM

User image

Originally posted by louamerica I am considering swapping out my saddle for one of these ISM Adamo saddles. I currently have a fizik saddle. I'm sure I could use a lot more comfort down there during long rides. It's not that it's painful, but after 50+ miles,... So I see a lot of racers these days using the ISM Adamo saddle. Any feedback ? I see there are 3 models. Is there a better model vs. another ?

I LOVE my ISM saddles (I have them on all of my bikes). Obviously YMMV since saddles are so personal.

One of my tri bikes has the ISM attack which I use on shorter courses (it's too narrow for a long course for me). My other has the ISM Road which I find perfect for a long ride. My road bike also has the ISM Road saddle. I tried the prologue as well as it was good, but I like the Road a little better after riding it for a while. But again YMMV.

Several of my local shops will rent out an ISM saddle for like $10 or something for a couple of weeks so you can try it out. My bike fitter did have to move my saddle when I moved from a traditional road saddle (specialized) to the ISM saddle to keep my fit (it was all fine, but I just thought I'd note it).

2013-11-12 12:01 PM

I went from a PD to the Prologue about 7 weeks ago. Instantly noticed the difference. Felt much more comfortable. Have had a difficult time dialing the fit back in. My knee is a bit sore after 1 hour or more. Have thought of selling it but may try harder to make it work because it is much more gentle on the soft spots.

Dave
2013-11-12 4:20 PM

User image

I ride a Racing model and am currently looking for another saddle. Going to try the Cobb Plus. I know the Adamos have a break in period but after about 30 minutes I feel like I'm sitting on a hot coal and really have to mentally push myself to stay on the bike. A lot of people swear by them. I swear while on them.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ISM Saddles Adamo saddles Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

ISM Racing Saddle vs. ISM Road Saddle

Started by living2tri
Views: 3566 Posts: 4

2011-01-19 2:26 PM living2tri

Saddle bag choice with ISM Adamo???

Started by auto208562
Views: 5218 Posts: 13

2007-07-25 2:10 PM the bear

Blackwell Resarch ISM Adamo Racing Saddle?

Started by AmberK
Views: 983 Posts: 14

2007-05-28 8:42 PM JonCT

Another prop for the ISM Adamo saddle!

Started by Donto
Views: 885 Posts: 5

2007-03-19 6:26 PM stupidnickname

ISM Adamo Racing Saddle

Started by sty
Views: 992 Posts: 5

2006-01-23 9:20 PM ASA22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 13, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.

date : February 17, 2009
author : sportfactory
comments : 0
Finding the right bicycle saddle is often a confusing process of trial and error for cyclists. However, a little education goes a long way, and will perhaps save you some pain and discomfort as well.
date : September 9, 2008
author : FitWerx
Many things will influence your triathlon bike position, but if you are forced to set your position up on your own, there are several overall guidelines that should help.

date : March 17, 2008
author : CPT
In this third segment, Colorado Premier Training goes through several bike position tests to improve on rider efficiency. This was accomplished by varying the saddle height and aerobar width.
date : January 29, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
When first going aero, your shop should begin by putting you in the least aggressive position. This means the aerobar pads will be almost level or just below the saddle.

date : October 1, 2006
author : marmadaddy
After a while on my first longish ride, I noticed that I was getting numb. It’s scary. “Will feeling return?” is the first thing that comes to mind.
date : September 5, 2006
author : Writebrained
The ISM Adamo Racing Saddle is difficult to define. It doesn’t look like a bicycle saddle. It doesn’t mount like a bicycle saddle. And yet, it does feel like a bicycle saddle.

date : February 28, 2005
author : Don Magie
Whether your bike is new, new to you, or you have not been on the bike for a long time, you really should spend some time thinking about how your bike fits you.