Other Resources My Cup of Joe » No corporate love for the holidays. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-27 3:36 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: No corporate love for the holidays.
You have to love it. The day before thanksgiving. Office is quite. Everyone has been sent home by the CEO except once again your department. I guess we have work regardless of the time of year or a holiday so everyone leaves but us.

2013-11-28 8:58 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

Subject: RE: No corporate love for the holidays.
I know how you feel and I am so grateful!!

I worked late into the evening yesterday and I'm looking forward to working today (Thankgiving)!

There are many people in this world that aren't as fortunate to have a job at all.

2013-11-28 1:36 PM
in reply to: LuckyLo

Subject: RE: No corporate love for the holidays.
dude- relax! Pick any random day to overindulge!

Plenty of people working this and every holiday. My children don't even get the concept of santa claus coming on the actual Christmas eve since he always comes early (practice runs) or late (give us the good stuff) because we have a parent who is always traveling on the holidays.

I don't participate in thanksgiving/black Friday retail stuff because I'm cheap and don't actually shop. But I wonder how many of those retail sales employees are psyched to be working and getting holiday pay!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » No corporate love for the holidays. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bands everyone hated but you loved and still love Pages: 1 2

Started by rbschlesinger
Views: 1348 Posts: 34

2008-05-08 5:07 PM scoobysdad

I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love You

Started by crazyt1971
Views: 482 Posts: 4

2008-02-13 5:18 PM Renee

True love, old love

Started by HankJKy
Views: 902 Posts: 6

2007-01-29 4:32 PM MomX3

Ah dont you just love the Corporate world

Started by golfinggods
Views: 618 Posts: 9

2006-05-12 2:16 PM surfwallace

for folks concerned about the corporate media

Started by CitySky
Views: 549 Posts: 1

2005-07-01 9:54 PM CitySky
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 21, 2012
author : sbkass
comments : 8
I am not suggesting that I have turned into Aquaman or have grown gills or that I am a really great swimmer. I am none of those. But I have learned to love the swim.

date : December 12, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
If you are looking for a simple, yet special, gift for your running buddy, teammate, or active friend, enjoy making one of these recipes that will be sure to please any hungry athlete.
date : January 5, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
As a sports dietitian, I spend too many hours helping my clients find peace with their bodies. So what can you do if you are discontent with your body?

date : December 22, 2008
author : ecnefoop
comments : 9
I had been very fit until I turned the legal age for the two demons: drinking and smoking. Unfortunately, from my 18th birthday, my once fit swimmer's body went downhill and wide very fast.
date : March 2, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 2
We have rescued a poor, downtrodden soul from the evil corporate dungeons. Here is our first full-time programmer.

date : July 2, 2006
author : Ontherun
Gut check! Striking a balance between your two loves can make and keep the relationship strong.
date : November 23, 2005
author : acbadger
Don’t go without, just watch portion sizes and remember that there is ALWAYS time to get a short workout in…if you make the time!

date : January 30, 2005
author : sekhmet
We can no longer say “I’ll start training next year” or “let me just get through the holidays”- it IS next year and I, for one, am more than through with the holidays.