General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road Bike Rental on the Northshore? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-05 8:31 AM

User image

Phoenix AZ
Subject: Road Bike Rental on the Northshore?
BT'ers on the Northshore - is there anywhere to rent a road bike? I'll be in town for a week for Christmas and would love to get some riding in. I've found a few places that rent cruisers and hybrids, but not road bikes.

Also, any can't miss rides on the Northshore? I know about the Trace, but remember there being a speed limit for cyclists last time I ran it. The country roads between Abita Springs and Franklinton look fun, does anyone ride those? Any good group rides?

Thanks!

2014-07-31 9:42 AM
in reply to: Bunsbert Montcroff

User image

Subject: RE: Road Bike Rental on the Northshore?

Look for Northshore Cycling on Facebook.  They'll post about weekend rides and there's usually 2-3 rides to choose from.  

Not sure about bike rental though.  I have an old Bianchi you could use if you're vertically challenged though.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road Bike Rental on the Northshore? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri New Roads

Started by GaryRM
Views: 2038 Posts: 21

2012-06-14 8:42 PM GaryRM

Upcoming road races

Started by Tri3
Views: 1814 Posts: 4

2012-01-16 9:02 PM LSUrunningmom

Wanted: Road Bike for my Wife!!

Started by Tgenre
Views: 1000 Posts: 1

2010-06-06 5:52 PM Tgenre

TriAmerica LA Northshore race

Started by KiminON
Views: 1766 Posts: 14

2008-05-22 7:12 AM KiminON

New Orleans Northshore - Where do I swim???

Started by joannh13
Views: 968 Posts: 1

2005-10-03 8:28 AM joannh13
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : April 20, 2009
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : December 15, 2008
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : March 6, 2007
author : sportfactory
Bike upgrades to gain speed: better wheelsets, a tri-bike, road bike with aerobars, even getting rid of those love handles before getting that lighter bike.

date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.