General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Transitions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-09 11:37 AM

Subject: Transitions
I'm doing the research for my first sprint triathlon, this summer. I'm wondering, how far in advance do you get to the race in order to stage your items? Also, after the race, do you go back to those areas and collect your stuff? One more question, do I wear the Tri shorts under my wetsuit? Are there any recommendations for items I should stage beside a towel, and my shoes? Thank You

2013-12-16 11:53 AM
in reply to: SUPAstar

User image

Expert
Boston
Subject: RE: Transitions

Originally posted by SUPAstar I'm doing the research for my first sprint triathlon, this summer. I'm wondering, how far in advance do you get to the race in order to stage your items? Also, after the race, do you go back to those areas and collect your stuff? One more question, do I wear the Tri shorts under my wetsuit? Are there any recommendations for items I should stage beside a towel, and my shoes? Thank You

When training for triathlons, don't forget to include the 4th sport.....the transition zone.   I always begin about a month or so out to start practicing, right in your own livingroom if you have to.   When it comes to race time, I always like to get to the transition area early, at least an hour and a half  if not 2 hours.  That gives me time to situate the bike and get my area set up, get my number markings, stretch and go for a warm up, whether thats a run, bike or a swim.   And after the run portion, you head back to your transition area to collect your stuff.

Yes you want to wear your tri shorts under your wetsuit.  It will dry quickly on the bike. Things you need in your transition area: sunglasses, helmet, bike shoes and socks, run shoes, number belt,  hydration and nutrition (if you need snacks to keep you going)   There is a great race day list right here on BT.  Hope this helps

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Transitions Rss Feed