BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 27

2014-04-13 1:04 PM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
Originally posted by MuscleMomma
Mike - wear neon orange! and nothing white and fluffy on your butt...

Bwah-hahaha. At the risk of sounding like Larry the Cable Guy, "Now that is funny!"

Jay, glad you found your mojo! I agree with that advice about doing something every day because oftentimes, if I make myself start anything, then I continue a little longer and then a little longer. And yes, forget the worrying about pace. I've noticed that I'm so much happier when I don't look at pace but instead go by effort.

Linda, you're in taper mode, right? Can't wait to stalk you in Boston. Will you share your number with us? I understand if you don't but just wondering.

2014-04-13 4:43 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Gold member
Subject: RE: Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me)
We will still stalk you if you don't give us your race number... it will just take us longer to find you among the list of 30,000 runners......
2014-04-15 6:08 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Veteran
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Today is the one year anniversary of the terrorist acts at last year's Boston Marathon. Linda, as you get ready to run an incredible race on Monday, try to watch some of the documentaries that are on ESPN etc. They are powerful stories and give some insight as to why this is such a huge event to those of us who lived in Mass. during the act, manhunt, and our sports teams honoring victims and first responders throughout the summer. I was very surprised to tear up while watching these documentaries. I was at home roughly 6 weeks post surgery from my AT, sitting at home furious at what I was watching. I was hoping that somehow, they would catch those 2 SOB's and bring them to justice. We all know how the story ends.....one killed, the other caught in the ship. I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I wished that somehow, someway, Dzokhar would be brought to my prison for a mental health analysis....but that didn't happen...he has been a Fed inmate the whole time. My wife was hit hard by this....Dzokhar was a UMass Dartmouth student, my wife had to execute an emergency evacuation of her class while the FBI went into some of Dzokhar's friends dorm rooms. There were helicopters flying over our yard because we are about 5 minutes from UMD campus. Kiley came home and cried over what happened....the evacuation was pure chaos and confusion and she couldn't help or protect the students she's expected to teach and care for. For those of us who are married, there is no worse feeling than seeing your spouse hurt and upset. A year later, it still creeps up on her from time to time after a class. The terrorist act runs deeper than people can imagine.....my story is just one small example of it.

Almost everyone remembers what David Ortiz said at Fenway after the act: "this is our f**king city" but very few remember everything he said. His whole quote was "our jersey doesn't say Red Sox on it, it says Boston. This is our f**king city and nobody is going to dictate our freedom! Stay strong!" Most of us (myself included) don't remember all what he said. We remember the expletive part of it because thats how we felt......we were angry and we're a little bit crazy up here in Mass. :D We did shut down the whole city to catch that SOB after all.

I hope you all have a good day. Ironically, it is cloudy and rainy up here....a fitting start to the day. It would be even better if it cleared up and became sunny....that'd be a small sample of how the last year has been for us up here.....bad to better and stronger.
2014-04-15 7:34 AM
in reply to: medeiros13

Blairstown, NJ
Linda - Only a few more days...soooo excited for you.

Jay - Your passion and pain are felt. The event reminds us how fragile life can be. Those of us that honor life must hold on to the passion for life like you because that is what carries us through today, that is what allows us to feel the joy and love which makes life so special. No one and nothing can take that away! It will be a great day in Boston!

Last week was quite the rollercoaster and nothing much to report on the WO front . It ended better with me and my daughter attending my cousin's wedding and getting home at 2AM Sunday morning. Then I hit the reset button! 5 mi run sunday morning, 10 mile bike in the afternoon and after work yesterday i fit in 1 hr in the pool . This is the first of 20 weeks to HIM so it is nice to get off to a god start.
2014-04-15 9:06 AM
in reply to: Tri-solar

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Very well put, Jay. Hard to believe it's been a year.

Pam, look at that speed! Great showing in your 5K!

Mitzi, I agree with Pam, you totally cracked me up...and I'm afraid you are spot on!

Joe, did I understand correctly that you got home and 2:00 am and then worked out that morning. That's some dedication! Yes, I'd say you're off to a good start.

Mike, what dates are you going to be in TX? I've rented from Bicycles, Inc. They have a shop in Keller and one in Hurst. I go to the Hurst store, but Keller will be closer to you. Please be practicing pedaling s...l...o....w. OK??

Steve, hope your latest trip was to someplace where it's easier to be healthy than Vegas!

Linda, so what types of things are you doing now that you're not running so much? Hope you are getting rested up and ready to roll on Monday!

Loving my continuous glucose monitor. The one I'm on now is soooo much more accurate than one I had tried previously. It is allowing me to make both proactive and reactive decisions to drive my blood glucose down closer to normal more of the time. Since I'm skating closer to the edge there, I've dropped low on several workouts, so still dialing that piece in. Even though I prefer to focus on it because it feels so positive and life affirming, it is important for me to remember that exercise is only one part of overall health. Speaking of which, I'm down a little over a 1 lb...go me .
2014-04-15 9:54 AM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Master
Just South of Boston
Silver member
Carol -- I'm in Southlake from June 5-8. No worries about pedaling slow -- my HIM is the following week, so this will be a shorter taper effort for me. All for doing whatever you want.

Back home in MA, and folks at home are all sickies. I'm going to get this as well, its just inevitable .

Linda -- enjoy your journey next week. It will be a special day here, no doubt.

2014-04-15 9:27 PM
in reply to: Mike_D

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Gold member
Actually I went out and got an impulse Lasiks procedure on my eyes. Then one of the flaps got screwed up so the had to fix that eye the next day. Still a work in progress as it takes around a month for the near vision eye to adjust to looking to looking at close things and the far eye to look at far things. Ya it will screw up my training. Mostly I was tired of not being able to see anything in front of me when I was in aero and after 2 crashes...... We see how it goes. Got to drive 400 miles again today to get things checked up on.
2014-04-15 10:27 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northeast
Carol, so glad you are adjusting to your new monitor - does it administer insulin? Really respect how you push through one more obstacle that would side track so many people.
New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 27

RELATED POSTS

KiterChick's beginner friendly group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11

Started by KiterChick
Views: 6529 Posts: 254

2014-04-14 11:26 AM KiterChick

BrotherTri’s - Triathlon Training Support Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by BrotherTri
Views: 7352 Posts: 308

2014-04-13 8:12 AM mcmanusclan5

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by juniperjen
Views: 7412 Posts: 311

2014-04-14 4:07 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 4672 Posts: 115

2014-04-03 7:55 AM gsmacleod

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : ahohl
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
Do you want to jump-start your New Year’s weight-loss resolution?? Then here is what it's time to do…TRAIN FOR A TRIATHLON!! Part I of a monthly series.
date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.